It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vows to cut dozens of federal programs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Obama vows to cut dozens of federal programs

www.msnbc.msn.com

"In the coming weeks, I will be announcing the elimination of dozens of government programs shown to be wasteful or ineffective," he said. "In this effort, there will be no sacred cows and no pet projects. All across America, families are making hard choices, and it's time their government did the same.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Surem we've all heard of the suposed cuts to various programs that are deemed ineffective and that's all great on paper, however we must look at the reason for these cuts other than them being wastefull.

What if Obama simply plans on eliminating the programs that aren't entirely controlled by the government? Will they end programs that are federally funded yet community run, or state run?

it will be very interesting to get a look at his 2010 budget when he said he would fix the pork barrel spending among other things.

What say you ATS?

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If by ineffective, he's referring to the department of education, the department of energy, the fed, the patriot act, etc etc etc, then I will finally be a fan of Obama!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It will be interesting! I'm very curious to see and hear more about the $3,000,000. worth of logos designed for the Department of Homeland Security under Bush that was brought up by President Obama...even though this is just a drop in the bucket.

Does anyone know what this logo looks like? I didn't realize graphic artists got paid that much.
I betcha Napolitano could find a graphic artist to work for less than that. I heard there's a bunch of unemployed graphic artists in Arizona.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The federal reserve is quite wastefull nevermind the pentagon...woopsie 3 trillion missing,my bad! i can bet my left leg neither of those gets trashed.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You are talking a few coins in his pants, the 'change'. The 'black-budget' is at about 60% of the federal budget. Secret, unregulated, unexamined, un American. So, neither of the two conjobs called political parties are adddressing that, or the real cause of our depression. and both are Nephilim, or real live descendents of Lucifer. They are the same criminal gang. Time to clean house, and retake our country. I prefer the voting method, but noone is addressing the problems, noone is leading against the lies and terrible evil. Gates, Bush, Obamination, they are all related. They think they 'own' us. It seems from the news, that they do. Prayer changes things.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
yeah..religious psycho babble doesn't bode well in a site that denies ignorance...im sure you could find some other sites that have no problem with such drivel though.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
It will be interesting! I'm very curious to see and hear more about the $3,000,000. worth of logos designed for the Department of Homeland Security under Bush.

Does anyone know what this logo looks like? I didn't realize graphic artists got paid that much.
I betcha Napolitano could find a graphic artist to work for less than that.
I heard there's a bunch of unemployed graphic artists in Arizona.

haha, thats exactly what i was thinkin when read the post

I want to see this logo ha

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hunty

Well, well, well. I found it. I appears that the had a contest to design the logo and that administering this contest under President Bush is what cost us the three million. You can view the winner and runner-ups here!

www.logo-contest.com...

the creativity three million bought us is simply astonishing!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
If by ineffective, he's referring to the department of education, the department of energy, the fed, the patriot act, etc etc etc, then I will finally be a fan of Obama!

Second that, and I'd like to add the FDA, IRS, FEMA & DEA to that list as well.

END THE DRUG WAR

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

You do realize that "ineffective" means the ones that don't make us money. So all the agencies you listed would never be on that list, much to my dismay

I appreciate everybody's responses so far, please keep it up.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
put the 'night basketball' on the cut-off list,

along with all (20-30) those programs that essentially 'baby-sat' for more
than three generations of school kids, mostly the 'dis-advantaged',
from sun-up to sun-down, ever since Lyndon Johnsons 'Great Society'
and later such programs and mandates

i won't go on, because to the 'pre-conditioned in thought',
because (to them) my suggestions will be spinned into racial bias & ranting from my part....

figure it out,
thanks

[edit on 18-4-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
cutting programs and continue to spend trillions is idiocy.

continual programs cuts leads to half assed programs who serve noone.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
what he should do is cut the Federal Bank then...

but we all know he can't/wont do that, Berry the puppet

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yeah, cutting "programs" that already Bush hacked during his "war on terror" but the squandering of tax payer for the elite in the nation "aka banking institutions and others" is still rampant along with big federal budget spending, trillion dollar budgets, not wonder he has to scrap whatever he can, but nothing about cutting government.

Mr. Obama is a joke just like Bush was a clown.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by unityemissions

You do realize that "ineffective" means the ones that don't make us money. So all the agencies you listed would never be on that list, much to my dismay

I appreciate everybody's responses so far, please keep it up.

~Keeper

No, I thought ineffective meant unable to produce the intended outcome. Who is the "us" you're referring to? The government? All four of the programs I mentioned takes money from taxpayers, just like all the ones you mentioned....they're all ineffective. What am I missing?

top topics

join