It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLP and the power of perception.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I recently read a book on neurolinguistic psychotherapy. I am inspired now. People say that Obama is using NLP to brainwash you but that's not true. If anything politicians use the power of suggestion (which is not NLP, but, something else). I think it's amazing how you can change your perception to change your life and change yourself to a solution state. NLP is not what the internet says but it's something far more interesting. I think it's fascinating how a simple technique can be used to help someone be more rational and view things differently and change their life based on their perception of reality. I've always said this was possible. What more breakthroughs do you think could be made in this field of perception change?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
yeah nlp is pretty cool... people have said its everything from quackery to ''the devil'' but I see it as a useful tool to be used for self as opposed to use on others. Once you have healed yourself than one should, with the consent of the mentally afflicted, use their knowledge to reframe reality for constructive means..

Obviously it can be used malignantly or to the detriment of another, but the possible benefits cannot be ignored. I have seen phobias cured and lives changed by NLP and hypnosis.

Which book did you read?

have you come across Reframing by Bandler and Grinder yet?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

No, I haven't read reframing yet. The book I read was Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy: A Post Modern Perspective. It's fascinating. I found out that it was originally a technique used to study behaviors of effective people. A lot of what is said on the internet (about it being the devil) just stems fro the superstition that hypnosis can make people do anything they want... when this s not the case and anyone who uses hypnosis shouldn't be using it for their own self as that's an abuse of the powers. If they use it for themselves then they should self-hypnotize them. But... it's fascinating. It can be really helpful at times to change your beliefs. I've used it a few times on myself. You don't need to be hypnotized to use it on yourself I don't think.

join