It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-Need Help-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I know this is most likely the wrong forum to post this, but I tried emailing tech, and I can't post in Media Pros.

I am unable to watch ANY and all ATS Video and Media.

The first day it came out I was able to watch AshlyD's user greeting video, but after that, I either get "error on page" at the bootm. Or "Done", and the page ,and blank vid screen just hang up.

If anyone has any ideas, a codec I might need, I made a media account, playlist, everything, nothing works.

There are many videos on here I wish to see as they can not be found on youtube or google vid.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Nola-

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

You would be better to post in the board questions section.

I have to blab a little nonsense at the start to meet character requirement.

Ok now whats over with.

Download realplayer www.real.com... and flashplayer get.adobe.com...
Should cover all videos on ATS, does for me.

Realplayer can be strange sometimes. If that is the case uninstall it and reinstall and it works again.

Other users might recommend other players?

[edit on 14-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I dont really know what format the majority of the videos are in, but I started having trouble with WMV and FLV files a couple days ago so I installed the players from this site. Who knows? Maybe it'll help, maybe not. If not, sorry.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thank you very much Neo. It's definitely the adobe , I shoulda known. I've been trying to stay away from it cause I've had issues with it before.

But I'll install both anyhow, thanks for the links as well

Thank you both for replying.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place for this but since the character count button started, I've been having another problem.

When I press the QUOTE button to reply to another persons post, and I start typing in the post reply box, the box shifts up and down so I can't type text into it.

As example:
I press the QUOTE button with the intention of inserting responding text but every time I press any button, the window moves up and down.

Any suggestions how to fix this?
Is this a coding bug at ATS???

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Have you tried clicking the text box before you start typing? Mine jumps around sometimes if I forget to click the box before I type.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by jfj123

Have you tried clicking the text box before you start typing? Mine jumps around sometimes if I forget to click the box before I type.

I'm actually able to click in the text box so you can see the cursor line blinking. It's not happening here but is happening in another thread currently.

Kinda weird that it started the same time the glitches with the new character counting systems started.

The only way I can really explain it is that when I type any key, it's like I'm pressing the up or down arrows at the right.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Hmm... I'm at a loss then, especially if it shows you a blinking cursor in the text box. I have a tendency to forget to click the box and not realize it till the screen jumps around 10 times, so that was my first thought. Maybe try clearing cookies and history? Or updating your browser if they've released a newer version? Worth a shot anyway.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by jfj123

Hmm... I'm at a loss then, especially if it shows you a blinking cursor in the text box. I have a tendency to forget to click the box and not realize it till the screen jumps around 10 times, so that was my first thought. Maybe try clearing cookies and history? Or updating your browser if they've released a newer version? Worth a shot anyway.

Ok I think I've figured it out but it's just a guess.
I think that it has something to do with the 10,000 character limit.

When I erased some of the QUOTE I replied too and yes it was a long QUOTE, I was able to type. The thing that threw me off was that the character counter said I still had over 2000 characters left. My assumption is that the character counter was WRONG.
Maybe another ATS coding bug ???

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
When I erased some of the QUOTE I replied too and yes it was a long QUOTE, I was able to type. The thing that threw me off was that the character counter said I still had over 2000 characters left. My assumption is that the character counter was WRONG.

Ahh, yeah that would explain it. It's happened to me once or twice but I had completely forgotten about it. I don't think it's a coding error though.

top topics

join