It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Underwater Pyramid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

The steps are irregular, ranging in size from feet to inches.
Similar structures are not unknown.
A town in Arkansas is named after similar features.

The Giants Causeway is a example of regular shapes and forms found in nature.

It doesn't seem to be much more than rock that breaks along a straight line.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Just look at the photographs, those steps are too perfect. Too many 'coincidences' would all have to occur at this exact spot to make this occur.

Statistically speaking, it is FAR more likely that it was created by a past civilization and buried underwater after a large earthquake, than it was created by chance in nature.

I'm not quite sure what statistics you are relying on.

If I dont remember wrong from watching the dive footage, these "perfect man-made" steps are HUGE to the point of you having to reach up with your arms and lift yourself up. Not exactly ideal steps, if you catch my meaning...

There are straight lines in nature for sure. The Giants Causeway probably being the coolest formation. Could Yonogani be man-made? Sure... That still doesnt make it a pyramid though

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Statistically speaking, it is FAR more likely that it was created by a past civilization and buried underwater after a large earthquake, than it was created by chance in nature.

Spoken like a poster completely innocent of any knowledge of statistics.

The statistics would actually state a zero probability (or as close to zero as statistics get) because there is absolutely nothing to indicate any such thing.

As was stated, even Kimura, the only scientist on Earth still believing in this, states that the thing sank 2,000 years ago and that any man-made parts (which he has limited to basically three or four scratches on the top surface) were likely done 3,000 years before that (which he states without any evidence whatsoever for this gap in time.)

Even he thinks the "monument" is a natural formation that may have been used by ancient humans, whose presence btw left not a shred of an artifact - neither on the formation nor on the nearby, and far larger, island.

Robert Schoch, the Geophysicist that proposed a much older date for the Sphinx, says it's completely natural and there is not a single thing found on it that cannot be explained by geological processes with which he is very familiar.

Harte

[edit on 4/13/2009 by Harte]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This is probably the closest pyramidal structure that only vaguely resembles this formation:

What Yonaguni Jima lacks is anything human-scaled, such as steps, or symmetry.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Where is that from?
I am unfamiliar with that location. I dont think it's related to the "Pyramid"

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This is from Mexico, it does bear a slight resemblance to the stepped formation but that's as far as it goes. Natural formations like the one in Okinawa, or the beach rock formations in Bimini, or even the Giants Causeway seem to cause speculations of ancient builders.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join