It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Required reading for the alien arguement.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by azurecara

I'm sure I've forgotten a few things. However I'm asking for recommendations. Of all the things you have read on this subject, what has struck you as the most fascinating? Plausible? Probable?

What should be made required reading for those wanting to familiarise themselves, not with the probable, but with all the material necessary to understand the references made to even the most highly controversial or doubtful stories?

Very good.

Good for you in asking questions and then to open yourself to ridicule by ignorance. I'm glad you have the maturity to bring your questions to a public forum where you can interact with people who are like minded.

I would keep reading and researching it should never be a crime to simply ask questions. I'm sorry that there are people in the world who cannot get over themselves or their ignorance.

I found the book communion interesting but not very helpful. Also I would take some of those coast to coast broadcasts with a grain of salt not to say there is not some good information presented but that there is a lot of tin foil hats who just want to be heard.

Good for you and keep asking questions and try to ignore people who snap to ignorant statements and are in serious need of a reading comprehension course.

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
Your list is biased and pre-loaded toward acceptance of the conclusion without questioning the authenticity of the material or the validity of the conclusions of the authors.

In other words, why bother reading anything, just make up what you want as you go along.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

"I would keep reading and researching it should never be a crime to simply ask questions. "

Lovely sentiment. Why does it only apply to True Believers?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would suggest haunting the goodwills and used boo0kstores. I have found my most informative and BEST EVER obscure UFO books in these stores.

My all time favorite ufo book is by Major Donald Keyhoe. He is my FAVORITE ufo author. As a retired marine officer, he holds my respect and I found the information he gathered and reported on to be top notch, and massive. He brought legitimacy to this subject with his opinions and investigation.
Here is an excerpt from his wiki:

"Donald Edward Keyhoe (June 20, 1897 - November 29, 1988) was an American Marine Corps naval aviator,[2] writer of many aviation articles and stories in a variety of leading publications, and manager of the promotional tours of aviation pioneers, especially of Charles Lindbergh.

In the 1950s he became well-known as an UFO researcher, arguing that the U.S. government should conduct appropriate research in UFO matters, and should release all its UFO files. Jerome Clark writes that "Keyhoe was widely regarded as the leader in the field" of ufology in the 1950s and early-to-mid 1960s.[5]"

Please visit the page and read more about him.

en.wikipedia.org...

To think I would have missed out on the entire plethora of subjects and avenues to explore if I had not stumbled upon his great book,

"Aliens From Space" circa 1973.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239642703&sr=1-8

This is a great starting book, he opened up so many other places to explore, from government projects to the Hudson Valley sightings.

Good luck on your journey and never stop learning or watching!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Thank-you all for your suggestions, I have now developed a great book list to check out, and some great leads into some interesting interviews.

Just a question along the lines of the skeptical arguments. I have heard alot about leading scientific people in the ufology fields, is there also a field of ufo discrediters as well? Or are they considered topic related either for or aganist?

In either instance, are there famous discrediters, or leading skeptics?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I found these free information books very compelling... Highly recommend

Opening address to you, the reader, and the people of earth..
www.thenewearth.org...

You can find the three books right here on the front page for free.
www.thenewearth.org...

Very interesting stuff

And..

David Adiar Reveals Light Speed UFO Technology:
www.youtube.com...

A must watch~

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join