It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anoyone Know About P2P "Frostwire"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Due to concerns about what is going on with a PC in my home, I have a question specific of the P2P software "Frostwire". I am familiar with client/server connections, just not this particular app.

Is this app as are most P2P clients, in that one has to invoke a file to be downloaded from another PC ....... OR ........ are uploads to a computer in my home able to be invoked from the other end of a connection?

For instance: if a PC in my home has a file in it's downloads folder, it is there because the PC user in my home invoked that it be downloaded, and not the PC on the other side of the world putting that file into the PC here, correct?

Not sure if I asked that correctly, so I will ask this way as well:

Is this app also used as does an FTP server with upload permissions granted, wherein uploads invoked from the other end of a connection are allowed?

Thanks.

** Edit for paragraph structure **

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Misfit]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
assuming i read your question correctly, frostwire is basically a clone of limewire. You can download and share files of your choice with it but nobody can upload a file(s) to your pc with it. Just be weary of what you're downloading since people like to spread trojans all over p2p networks.

join