It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's stupidity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
and this is what I mean by people with no understanding, like st Paul said.

"they blaspheme things they don't understand "

Instead of trying to understand and be sincere they blaspheme it.

It is a lil' bit ignorant to assume that those who do not believe are the ones who do not understand.

Understanding transcends many things, belief in God is just one of them...

The very FACT that some of us are immune to the promise of eternal life and favor their free thought more then anything else should tell you clearly anything you ever wanted to know about us.

So anyways, this thread pisses me off, because I have experienced Gods grace and know how loving he is, and it just makes me that more egar to witness the final day of justice.

It is all fine and dandy that you found your personal Jesus and had profound personal experience, and I respect that, but, what I don't understand here is why is it so hard to accept that others could (and they certainly do) had profound experience on the same level of importance as yours is but they only took a different path ?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The answer is simple. God is a figment of your imagination, never there in the first place.

If something never existed how can it affect you.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cormag
Why didnt he just cut to the chase and wipe the cosmos free of the so called prince of evil/ darkness, in the beginning to get it over with?

there is an irony to your thread title.

to most things in life there are several ways to look at something. but primarily there is the short term way of looking at it, and the long term.

for example, investors decided to to push a market of subprime mortgages to satisfy their short term sense of greed. however in the long term that wasnt a good idea and it contributed to their suffering as well as others.

the irony is, you are in effect saying that god´s decision to permit evil for a period of time was stupid. but you do this by looking at the short term.

its like a child refusing to get a shot because the pain is too much, but ignoring what the medicine will do long term.

what benefits do we get from god permitting wickedness?

well, we have to understand that the serpent was the first to lie. you and me take for granted how much this little act can affect us. the serpent actually got eve to doubt god. this question still stands for us. do YOU think god is lying?

by letting evil continue for a period of time, god is proving his case once and for all (long term). he has given use 6000 years of proof that satan is a liar, and that mankind cannot live independently of god without destroying themselves.

logically then, if in the future (after the earth has been cleaned) this issue raises again, the matter has already been settled. if another ¨satan¨ like opposer were to stand up, god would not tolerate it like he did before. there would be no need too.

god doesnt need to do this. god could have just destroyed satan and been done with it. but he doesnt want us to just blindly follow him, and he most certainly doesnt want us to follow him only because of fear of destruction.

this is why god is showing things to us. he´s showing us with proof how things will turn out. this why we can follow him because we trust him and love him.

long term vs short term

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The answer is simple. God is a figment of your imagination, never there in the first place.

If something never existed how can it affect you.

This is the BS that I hate. tenticles is ridiculously non openminded. he doesn't know, but he uses his arrogant close minded response to prove my point.

why are you even here tenticles? To flame our faith?

Miriam, very good post.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It is a lil' bit ignorant to assume that those who do not believe are the ones who do not understand.

Understanding transcends many things, belief in God is just one of them...

The very FACT that some of us are immune to the promise of eternal life and favor their free thought more then anything else should tell you clearly anything you ever wanted to know about us.

5th element.

No i didn't say that. What i meant was those who flame and are completely closed off. saying Gods an idiot without trying to understand is what I mean by st pauls qoute.

why can't they come from a sincere perspective without the flames? I know that i myself have asked, why did God do this, and why that?

(out of sincerity), not out of me trying to prove my point because I'm rebellious.

favor their free thought more then anything )

The problem is that I have free thought to. I'm not a clone that follows what I am told too, this is the mistake (some) athiest make about us, not you.

My free thought decided Christ and his teachings. 80% of america uses free thought and they decide be;lieving in a God.

but anyways thanks for your input, please forgive me if I sound like an ass, not trying to be one.

peace.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The problem is that I have free thought to. I'm not a clone that follows what I am told too, this is the mistake (some) athiest make about us, not you.

Sure you do, nobody denies that you have a free thought generally speaking...

When I said free thought I meant it as something which is more like a movement, otherwise known as Free Thinkers (I like to think of myself as being in that category), those who are not bounded by religious or political dogma and freely explore ALL the paths they are curious about without seriously devoting their entire life to any of them

[edit on 12-4-2009 by 5thElement]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement
those who are not bounded by religious or political dogma and freely explore ALL the paths they are curious about without seriously devoting their entire life to any of them

like people who spend alot of time looking at maps but never actually go out and drive anywhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
like people who spend alot of time looking at maps but never actually go out and drive anywhere.

I always preferred to be intellectual nomad...

less traveled paths are my favorite ones, you never know are they gonna be paved with petals or thorns, full of surprises and excitement

Here is how I like it...

Jump into the car and drive wherever the road takes me but never stop at certain place for a very long time...Oh, man, I really need vacation, haha, off to drive to the store to buy a map of Alabama

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement
I always preferred to be intellectual nomad...

less traveled paths are my favorite ones, you never know are they gonna be paved with petals or thorns, full of surprises and excitement

i understand the merits of what you are saying. sometimes truth is relative and can take you down many roads.

but personally ive found that truth isnt always so free. in some areas truth is restrictive giving you only one possible path.

i found when it comes to my beliefs that i am a ¨nomad¨ sometimes and a ¨settler¨ in others. (or whatever you can the opposite of nomad)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Sure you do, nobody denies that you have a free thought generally speaking...

When I said free thought I meant it as something which is more like a movement, otherwise known as Free Thinkers (I like to think of myself as being in that category), those who are not bounded by religious or political dogma and freely explore ALL the paths they are curious about without seriously devoting their entire life to any of them

5th element)

All paths cannot be true, so one day you will have to decide. Truth is one, not many, and what we think we know about God is not who he really is.

The reason i devout my life to Chirst and the church is because the prophecies being fullfilled of a church spreading throughout the whole world, the saints who raised dead people and cured the blind and had 50 strait years of stigmata.

I'm not bounded, but free, in that I have found the truth, what i believe to be the truth with all my heart.

it doesn't bound me in any way but frees me because my search has ended, whereas free thinkers will always wonder around always confused.

IOM. but thanks for the response, God bless you.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MEAT10AF

so are you agreeing with me that god is just playing games with us? Or he just "works in mysterous ways"

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

"So anyways, this thread pisses me off, because I have experienced Gods grace and know how loving he is, and it just makes me that more egar to witness the final day of justice. "

Don't give me your preaching BS. Your God is nothing more then a hipocrite. I read the bible and found it to be pointless. It's just a book of tall tells that makes some people sceam, believe what i tell you or i'll hit you. Also i found your God to be unfair. If god is all knowing and fair, why did he choice the hebrews as his favorites? Why did he tell the Hebrews to kill off all those who reside in their promise land before taking it? Why did he not allowed mosses into this promise land? You know what i have the answer to my own question because i already know your answer. Mosses wasn't allowed in the promise land because he would have provented his people from slaying all those innocent inhabitants. Your God is nothing more then a being who loves seeing his creations suffer. I am living proof. I almost died 7 times before i was even 5 years old. He tried to get rid of me, the first 3 times was before i was even born. Explain to me how your God is merciful after trying to get rid of an infant?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

"Sure you do, nobody denies that you have a free thought generally speaking...

When I said free thought I meant it as something which is more like a movement, otherwise known as Free Thinkers (I like to think of myself as being in that category), those who are not bounded by religious or political dogma and freely explore ALL the paths they are curious about without seriously devoting their entire life to any of them" -5thElement

i Couldn't agree with you more.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by cormag]

[edit on 16-4-2009 by cormag]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join