It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Pets: I Saw My Dog After She Died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My cocker spaniel passed away when I was 10 and several weeks after she died, she appeared to me; glowing an eerie bluish color and hovering over a doll bed I had in the corner of my room. I heard her whimpering like she had in life when she was outside and wanted to be let in. As I got out of my bed and started to walk across the room towards her, she faded into the darkness. I always wondered whether it was really my dog, or if I had actually seen something else and my own mind had "masked" the truth... Has anyone else lost a pet only to have it manifest before their eyes at a later date? I've heard of human ghosts but dogs?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by X-tal_Phusion
My cocker spaniel passed away when I was 10 and several weeks after she died, she appeared to me; glowing an eerie bluish color and hovering over a doll bed I had in the corner of my room. I heard her whimpering like she had in life when she was outside and wanted to be let in. As I got out of my bed and started to walk across the room towards her, she faded into the darkness. I always wondered whether it was really my dog, or if I had actually seen something else and my own mind had "masked" the truth... Has anyone else lost a pet only to have it manifest before their eyes at a later date? I've heard of human ghosts but dogs?

Slow day at work eh? You wanted to see, so you did.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Slow day at work? What's that supposed to mean? Or... is it simply that you don't like dogs? www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hi,

Well, I think that you did see her. Children are more susceptible to the paranormal, which is why I think you saw her while you were awake instead of in your dreams. Of course it could be chalked up to delusion, daydreaming, or any other manner of "rational" explanation. Its all based on the readers reality, and belief system.

I have experienced several types of paranormal events in my life, and for me the paranormal is a "normal" part of my reality. However, when I do choose to share some of my stories, I do so with the understanding that many will not understand, or believe me. It doesnt bother me though.

I think our dreams are very important for us, because they serve as a doorway for us to solve problems, visit other spirits, give us clues about whats "really" going on in our life, or to just play!
What is important about your story is how it made you feel. I am sure it made you question a few things.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It happens. No need to doubt what you saw. Don't listen to those who would tell you there's something wrong or that it's unnatural.

We had a cat a few years ago. Her name was Bonny and she was a lovely, happy, smiling cat. We loved her dearly. We went on a picnic one day to our friends' house in the countryside. We took her along so she could chase butterflies and romp in the grass. Otherwise her days consisted of us playing with her or her alone on the balcony, chattering to the birds and squirrels.

When it came time to go home, we called for her to come. She did but only so far. She didn't want to go home yet so she stayed just out of reach. We decided that she could stay there overnight and shouted to her that we would be back tomorrow.

I went back for the next ten days but never found her, despite calling her for at least an hour each time.

Three days later, I had a dream that made me very upset. I heard a scratching at the front door. When I opened it, she came in, bloody and torn. She limped through the living room and out onto the balcony, to her usual spot. I woke up with a start. I was very upset all day but couldn't understand why because the memory of the dream disappeared as soon as I woke up. I only remembered it a few days later.

One of the friends there at the house where we picnicked is a veterinarian. He said that they found a cat in the ditch by the side of the road that could have been her, but the body was too torn up to be sure.

At least she had fun there in the forest and fields for those days that she played there. It was her choice not to come when she was called on those days that I was there. She was happy and I was happy to let her be that way. She came home on her own...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
hi, i posted this a few weeks ago about what happened to me after my cat died.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

G.

top topics

join