It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is outside of the Solar System?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hey all, I know this sounds like an extremely stupid question, but after looking around google for a bit I still cant really find anything....

What is actually outside of our solar system?
Im not talking about galaxies and other solar systems, but just beyond pluto, what the hell is out there?
I know that there is the magellanic clouds and OORT.... What ever they are...

I hope I'm not sounding ignorant or whatever, but can our telescopes really only see that far?

So... please tell me cause I really want to know!

Thanks all...

~cheers

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I believe there isn't a hell of a lot for a couple of light years.

Our universe tends to form galaxies and solar sytems over time and since the universe is expanding, they are often separated by big empty spaces.

So we've been lead to believe anyway.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

That would be correct. A vast distance of Interstellar (between the stars) space.
The light from the nearest star to us (Proxima Centauri ) took about 4 years and 2 months to arrive here. And that is pretty close. The distances are truly hard to comprehend.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hmm.... well thanks for sharing guys, I guess the gravity wells of the stars tend to pull things close...

Could it be possible to construct some MASSIVE IMMENSE GIGANTIC cage, dyson sphere-ish thing that keeps us trapped in this solar system? We could be in a Truman show! Only on a planetary scale!

That would be awesome...

Any thoughts on this?

new topics

top topics

join