It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Satellite Launch Fails?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

So, if the satellite truly did not make orbit... does that make it just a successful ICBM test, rather than a "satellite launch"?

I guess this would be a win-win for NK... not only did they launch their "missile", they so far have had no repercussions.

Thoughts on this news?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I was thinking just that. NK managed to launch, for all intents and purposes, a missle, and everybody just watched it go by, and did nothing to stop it. Why?

Of course the NK are happy about the launch, next time they launch, everyone will watch it, but this time it will have a much shorter journey. As it flys over Japan, it might rapidly descend. into a city or something. Missle launches are not good for anybody.

I have no worries though. i will send my thoughts to blow up the next one on the launch pad

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Exactly. I am surprised if this is true about the satellite failure, to have not heard about it anywhere else at this point.

Then again, coming from South Korean sources, it could be propaganda.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Despite what international experts may espouse, from the North Korean perspective, the launch was a complete success.

How so?

The North Korean's wanted to see how the Obama Administration, a.k.a., the U.S., and the international community would react and do about it.

The North Korean's found out: Absolutely nothing.

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
Then again, coming from South Korean sources, it could be propaganda.

Umm, no. 'Propaganda' is when the North Korean's continue to report to their people that their satellite is in orbit, when in fact, it is not.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

I understand what you are saying... my only point about propaganda was the fact the ONE source that is reporting this is South Korea, you know the people who really hate North Korea.

If it turns out to be a fact about the launch failure, then yeah... propaganda would be a moot point.

Frankly if it is true, I am surprised the U.S. MSM has not jumped on this information.

top topics

join