It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

famous songs that make me sick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
In reverse order (as it should be).

5. Lithium by Nirvana.

I liked this song when I was about fourteen, but in the last few years I�ve realised what this song really is. Its crap isn�t it? It�s a boring, unimaginative, turgid piece of verse-chorus-verse monotony that succeeds in sounding like every song ever written. Yawn.

4. Day Tripper by the Beatles.

Its not that this song is awful; it�s a half decent song (maybe). But whats the point of a half-decent beatles tune when there�s so many classics to choose from? It reminds me of every # night I have ever spent in a 60/70s club because this is the only beatles song they ever play. It�s musical scabies.

3. American Pie by Don Mclean.

This song is so bad that students like it. It has no redeeming features. I couldn�t believe that when Madonna covered this, people said she had ruined a classic. A classic? # off.

2. Rock the Casbah by the Clash.

I love the clash. Their first album is the definitive punk album. But my god the whole of combat rock is horrible (apart from �know your rights� maybe � �this is a public service announcement. WITH GUITARS�.) It genuinely upsets me to hear this song.

1. My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.

Why did he do this? Why? Why? WHY? This was chuck berry�s only No1 in the US and UK. WHY? Oh dear god its awful. Oh dear god make it stop. Listen to �roll over beethoven� and pretend it never happened. Or maybe burn them. Burn them all.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sweet Home Alabama. Ever since "Con Air" it's been played out big time.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
the friggin' Macarena !!!:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

almost anything by Creed !

anything by Brittney Spears & Jessica Simpson

everything my Eminem.. :shk::shk::shk:

almost everthing else post 1994

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Everything Willy Nelson ever sang, oh yes, and the New Kids on The Block
... they were so bad i think i'll do that again

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That new Evenescese song, My Immortal.....

I Hate that song.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
WOW cool threads dudes there are loads of songs that make me
but dunno where to start

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
"We Built This City" by Starship. That song makes me want to locate and strangle everyone in the band.

We were asked to analyze "American Pie" by Don Mclean in a class I took once. I am convinced the intructor picked that topic at random or heard it on the car radio that day as he drove to work.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Everything they play on mtv except for Outkast cause he's cool.

The macarena because I hear it about everyday while at work.

And that oldie "Suga pie honey bun....I can't help myself....dah dah dah" because I hear that EVERYDAY at work.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
the new eminem song "leader of my band" makes me want to

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
"We Built This City" by Starship. That song makes me want to locate and strangle everyone in the band.

funny you should say that because i was reading in the paper today that it has been voted worst song of all time or something like that.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm Too Sexy

By ....Right Said Fred

ugggh I hate that song..........

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bolshevik
In reverse order (as it should be).

5. Lithium by Nirvana.

4. Day Tripper by the Beatles.

3. American Pie by Don Mclean.

2. Rock the Casbah by the Clash.

1. My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.

Why did he do this? Why? Why? WHY? This was chuck berry�s only No1 in the US and UK. WHY?

Dude, Lithium is a classic. It's the Full-On anthem to Kurt Cobain. It CAN'T suck !

ANYTHING by the Beatles sucks ! God ! Gag me with a spoon !

American Pie DOES suck...I can't believe Madonna of all people made a remake of the sucky piece of #. What's more, I can't believe they named THREE movies after this gag-o-rama. They could have called them something cool, like Remake of the Last American Virgin.

Dude, Rock the Casbah is CLASSIC.

Chuck Berry had (or maybe still DOES) a penis fixation. I bet he saw (sees?) phallic symbols in just about everything.

Originally posted by insite
Sweet Home Alabama. Ever since "Con Air" it's been played out big time.

I hate that song too. It's PURE redneck. Great movie though. (see my siggy
)

Originally posted by elevatedone

everything my Eminem.. :shk::shk::shk:

I agree. I can't stand this pair. Clones of each other is all they are and the most overrated "divas" ever.

I wish I could say to Jessica Simpson in particular "Look, you are blonde, you sing, you are in love with somebody else who I imagine to be every single bit as superficial a person as YOU are...in a nutshell...you are NOT unique, girlfriend !"

Eminem: here's where I disagree. He's amazing. He is one of the few artists out there today who I can detect has actual SOUL. That man radiates PURE feeling. Eminem..You ROCK !

My personal pics for songs that make me

Anything by the Beatles

Or Simon & FartGunkel (excuse ME, Garfunkle..or is it Garfunkel ? )

Sex Bomb by Tom Jones...Take a reality pill, Dude, you are NOBODIES sex bomb ! Deal with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Barbie Girl is sooooooooooooo stupid it does make me

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
A story from the Pisky.

Many years ago, when I was a little pixy, I went with my parents to the Midlands Safari park. It was Easter Monday (an utterly raktoff bank holiday - but I didn't know at that time that bank holidays were crap).
During the day, I consumed various chocolate easter eggs and after the trip returned home to Fish & chips.

I then watched the Beatles cartoon 'Yellow Submarine;.

I spent most of the next night
my guts out. And all I had going through my mind was 'Yellow Submarine'.

I hate that sodding song !!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
A story from the Pisky.

Many years ago, when I was a little pixy, I went with my parents to the Midlands Safari park. It was Easter Monday (an utterly raktoff bank holiday - but I didn't know at that time that bank holidays were crap).
During the day, I consumed various chocolate easter eggs and after the trip returned home to Fish & chips.

I then watched the Beatles cartoon 'Yellow Submarine;.

I spent most of the next night
my guts out. And all I had going through my mind was 'Yellow Submarine'.

I hate that sodding song !!!!!

lol i like that song!!! It's just so so.... mindless ... ahhh blisssss.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm

Dude, Lithium is a classic. It's the Full-On anthem to Kurt Cobain. It CAN'T suck !

oh but it does. its complete pop bull# with nothing to make it stand out. why spend time listening to this when you could be listening to the pixies?

ANYTHING by the Beatles sucks ! God ! Gag me with a spoon !

i really like the beatles, especially the early stuff which is simply a collection of the greatest pop songs ever written. jingely jangely brilliance.

Dude, Rock the Casbah is CLASSIC.

listen to bored with the usa, hammersmith palais and garageland then listen to casbah. try not to cry. its impossible. maybe they should have packed it in after london calling.

Sex Bomb by Tom Jones...Take a reality pill, Dude, you are NOBODIES sex bomb ! Deal with it.

i agree completely. god it was horrible after 'mars attacks' was released and he became popular again.

oh, and the bee gees were #ing crap and all.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Who let the dogs out makes me want to kill.

and evanessence just blows ass

Summertime, Summer time and the livings easy...

I'm listening to sublime right now must purge memories of bajah men.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Who let the dogs out makes me want to kill.

and evanessence just blows ass

Summertime, Summer time and the livings easy...

Sublime..yesssss...I have an extremely well played tape of theirs.

"Love is...what I got..." Siggghhh

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

I agree with you on the line above. But While we're at it I'll add Christena Agulara, Justun Timberlake (Though he was funny in that Matrix parody, but his music still sucks.)

But....that stupid "hey mama" Song by the blackeyed peas....I mean some of there stuff is good, but that has to be the most anoying earworm ever!

And Pop crap so called rock bands when they are no better then N*sync! You know bands like Yellow card and story of the year! They arn't rock!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Baha Men took a caribbean soca song (originally from X-Tatic and Americanized it).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join