It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Who Is Barry Soetoro?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't really understand, it seems like people are calling Obama that.

Can anyone fill me in? If that used to be his name, it would be weird that he changed it, since Barry is such an American name, when compared to Barack.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would really like to know just who is Barack Obama. How on earth has he emerged to where he is today?
the following link might help you.

www.redcounty.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
My understanding is that Barry Soetoro was obama's original name. Apparently he had it legally changed for whatever reason. Frankly, the whole thing reeks. I'd like to know just who soetoro/obama is, myself.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
an addendum to my previous post:

When people convert to islam, they often change their name and considering he chose the name "hussein," is it possible he's a closet Islamist? Just a thought...

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

I don't know either.

Tim and Eric from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! refer to Obama as Bob Pop Perono . Why, I do not know.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
My understanding is that Barry Soetoro was obama's original name. Apparently he had it legally changed for whatever reason. Frankly, the whole thing reeks. I'd like to know just who soetoro/obama is, myself.

TheAssociate

Your understanding is wrong. Barack Obama's name was always Barack Obama.

Barry Soetoro is the name that Obama's stepfather enrolled him in elementary school under in Indonesia. It was never revealed why, but one thing is certain: it wasn't up to Obama. Other than that one instance, where his STEPFATHER chose what name to enroll him under, he's always gone as Barack Hussein Obama.

Some people here like to refer to him as Barry Soetoro because they think its "proof" that he's leading some secret double life, when really it was only used in the one instance. Unless Obama was conspiring to "overthrow the republic" when he was still learning to spell and write in cursive, the whole thing is a joke.

Source

Edit: to fix source link

Edit AGAIN to fix link, I think the preview function may be messed up.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by drwizardphd]

[edit on 5-4-2009 by drwizardphd]

new topics

top topics

join