It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic- Things where they don't belong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Link

This is quite odd. Robins are so rare that the indiginous people don't even have a name for them. I won't say this is indicative of global warming, but something is screwy with the weather.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Good link, Esoterica. I know a certain wildlife biologist who is going to have nightmares about this story. She already break out in a sweat when I mention short-stopping Canada Geese! This is just strange.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Good stuff, Esoterica.
That would be quite the surprise to see there.
The weather has been screwy for the past years, and seems to be heading even further in that direction.
I don't know what to think.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I worked in Deadhorse, AK for 6 or 7 years and I never saw a Robin.

TUT

www.iceagenow.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The weather is getting warmer, but a robin above the circle does not surprise me. This was, be aware, in 1993.

Areas below and at the circle support massive amounts of birds, from all over the world. The geese arrived just last week, I wish everyone here could hear their cry as they keep pouring in.

Just recently, there were several new types of species spotted here, I will follow up if I can find it again.

Any bird flying in migration can easily get blown off course, especially given the winds we feel here in Alaska. 2 or 3 days of 70 to 110 knot winds will take anything a little off course! The Chinook Winds, whew!

Anyhow, if you are a birder, check it out here. Geese everywhere, literally. Bald eagles also ( I throw fresh caught rainbow trout to bald eagles, and they dive and catch) One of my favorite fishing spots is right close to an eagle nest- about the size of a Volkswagon in the tree.

For robin sightings in 1995, in Alaska Click Here

top topics

join