It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monty Pythons Flying Circus had it right all along.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was just sat down watcing this, and this part caught my attention. Sorry, I can't find a youtube clp of it anywhere (I thought there must be one, but I'm wrong, maybe if I know the scene name...) anyway. Here's a quote from the really big american company, in a board meeting where they're trying to figure out what else it is they can own. They go for the meaning of life, and had assigned someone to look into it. This is what they said.

Exec #1: Item six on the agenda: "The Meaning of Life" Now uh, Harry, you've had some thoughts on this.
Exec #2: Yeah, I've had a team working on this over the past few weeks, and what we've come up with can be reduced to two fundamental concepts. One: People aren't wearing enough hats. Two: Matter is energy. In the universe there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this "soul" does not exist ab initio as orthodox Christianity teaches; it has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.
Exec #3: What was that about hats again?

3 cheers for Monty Pythons Flying Circus!!

edit, I can't find that bit, but here's the bit before. The universe song.

slight parental warning, I suppose. If electronic line naked pregnat lady giving birth to light offends you.....

[edit on 2/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Fantastic! I love that bit in the meaning of life, how they go on with that big speech, and then.. 'what was that about hats again?' Its such a reflection of the majority of humanity, all this wonderful amazing stuff happens around them and people are so full of useless crap clogging the doors of perception. (thanks huxley!) Great post man.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Who could forget the " anarcho-syndicalist commune " of mud farmers.

"See the violence inherent in the system ! "

There is such a depth of intelligence to their humour .

Hope this contribution is in keeping with the spirit of the OP and not off-topic.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It may be slightly off topic, but that's just fine by me
The message is still there, that Monty Pythons had something more to say in their comedy. (like so much satirical stuff does) I'm just glad that the meaning of life actually did have the meaning of life in it.

[edit on 3/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I found it.

in all its glory. The board room meeting is after the song.

I'm off to go and get distracted....

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I like Brian's life better. The Meaning has some good songs though. Like the one with irish children. And the Universe song too. But the Bright side of life is the bestest! And yeah, they knew stuff some people can't comprehend today, and some never will. But, one can hope.

top topics

join