It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lou Dobbs Interview with Barney Frank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
On the April 2 Edition of Lou Dobbs, Lou interviews Rep. Barney Frank. The discussion was over the U.S. House of Representatives "Pay for Performance Act of 2009" A measure meant to curb excess bonuses paid out by financial institutions who take TARP funds.

Quite the firey display between these two ensues. Over a measure that in my opinion could have been avoided if Sen. Dodd hadn't included the provision in the previous TARP act amendment that made it possible for executives to receive huge bonuses to begin with.

WASHINGTON, April 1 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday opened debate on legislation to curb employee pay at financial firms that receive government bailouts, a bill that could supplant an earlier effort to heavily tax executive bonuses.

The "Pay for Performance Act of 2009" would give U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner broad powers to "prohibit unreasonable and excessive compensation and compensation not based on performance standards."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source:Reuters

Better video here and here sorry for the cruddy quality but it's an interesting preformance to be sure.

SMACK! I loved this! GO LOU DOBBS!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What? No one like Lou Dobbs or what?

Shesh oh pete

Well I thought it was an interesting debate. But what do you all think of this legislation and the impact it will have on future TARP fund bailouts?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I know right. It seems that when you take an idiot to task all you get is frustrated. All Franks can do is spout party retoric and lie his keyster off.

Franks needs to retire from congress and go wrap his lips around a good juicy tube steak. He would be happy and the rest of the country would be much better off without his "leadership".

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Yea "leadership"
Frank and leadership don't belong in the same sentence.

This guy along with Dodd I feel are a detrement to liberty and this republic

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah both those guy's give"putting their hands in someone elses pocket"new meanings. Dodd probably just wants your money.Franks on the other hand might be digging for gold of another kind.

Neither of them are concerned with liberty or constitutional freedoms.It's all about the liberal adgenda. We need to get ready,we ain't seen nothing yet!!

top topics

join