It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man controls robot with his mind!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

This technology can only go higher and is very amazing. Just think, maybe in ten years or so we will all have a mind controled robot that can to anything you think it to. Tell me what you think. What would you use it for?
What jobs would you have it do? I would personally use it to battle other robots or even as an assassin. (I didn't do it honest, it was the robot.)

If you what the full scoop here's the link:
world.honda.com...

[edit on 31-3-2009 by lawbringer]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Anyone have any ideas? Come on, I need some input.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
And who says telekinesis is bunk?!

Seriously though, this type of technology will be the end of man.
Humans aren't emotionally mature enough to handle that tech. Because yeah, people would use them as assassins.
They would use them to do anything they didn't want to get caught doing themselves.

Theoretically, you could have a robot kill another human and then blow itself up.
No way to tell who was controlling it.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

This stuff is crazy I know, but who knows, maybe the US will have battle droids an other robots that are controled in this way. Maybe people could have EMP pulse security systems to prevent bots from killing them while they sleep. So what would you use a mind controled bot for?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Why is everyone so cynical? My first thought on hearing of this is that this technology could be a real benefit to people who are handicapped, especially those confined to wheelchairs. Imagine taking this a step farther, rigging up something whereby quariplegic people could mentally control a mechanism connected to their limbs. Imagine using robots in situations too dangerous for people: as mindsweepers, to recover and diffuse bombs, in high raditation zones. There are all sorts of ways this technology could be put to positive use.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Charis

Just think of the ways this tech could be used in entertainment! An entire arena full of spectators watching two mindcontroled robots destory each other! They could have military class weaponry mounted on their robotic arms. I'd watch it.

top topics

join