It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever see a little flash of light?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hi, long time reader but never posted much. Figured this would be a good place to ask this question.

Every now and then I see a single tiny (pin point) flash of white light. It's very quick and happens eyes open or closed. It's almost like a tiny camera flash right out in mid air. Sometimes it's off to the left or right side of my vision....sometime more to the center. I've seen these for as long as I can remember. I've always had great vision so I've never been to an eye doc in order to ask about it. Anyway, something tells me it's not vision related as I see them sometimes when my eyes are closed. Any clues?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by nervehammer]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I get the same thing every once and a while. Never have asked about it though. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if anyone knows.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I get these from time to time, too. Day or night. However, lately the flashes at night have been orangish. Usually the flash comes from the left or right sides, not the center of my vision. I never really gave much consideration to it all. I'd be interested, though, to hear a scientific explanation of this.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nervehammer

When the vitreous gel inside your eye rubs or pulls on the retina, you may see what look like flashing lights or lightning streaks. You may have experienced this same sensation if you have ever been hit in the eye and seen "stars".

The flashes of light can appear off and on for several weeks or months. As we grow older, it is more common to experience flashes. If you notice the sudden appearance of light flashes, you should visit your ophthalmologist immediately because it could mean that the retina has been torn.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It could be an ocular migraine. They don't necessarily have pain associated with them, but visual disturbances can be a symptom.

I know because I get them, but my visuals are different that what you described. Mine last about 15 minutes, start out in the center of my vision as a bright dot, but then the dot slowly over the course of 15 minutes turns into a ring of strobing striped light, eventually disappearing beyond my peripheral vision.

I'm glad I never decided to become a pilot because that would be bad.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I sometimes see some stuff like that. I have had a few paranormal experiences over the years - not sure if this is the time or place to share those, however, 2 of which involved what you have addressed in your opening post.
In daytime and twilight, if I stare into the sky, eyes unfocused it is like I am seeing microbes moving under a microscope. I.e: loads of "things" wriggling about and different speeds in all directions.
I have also witnessed a distinct glow around trees, etc, mostly a twilight and dawn. I have read much about auras, although I am not fortunate/skilled?enough to distinguish colors, I am pretty sure thats what it is Iam perceiving- probably for another thread also!
I wonder if your eyesight is good enough to see "Rods or Skyfish"? How quick are your reflexes?
An anomaly that I have become recently aware of; that has been documented many times and by credible sources- explains this "entity" as extremely fast moving , and frequently encountered here on the ground, and in space.
Every human is blessed with their own forte of skills, (though many dont know or find them), maybe one of yours is to visually perceive these things ithout the aid of cameras etc!!?
Not saying to take my comment as testimony- just throwing the ideas out there.
Oh yeah, I think these "Rods" also have different colors.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
flashes of light are seen before a migrane headache hits, I see them and know I will have a monster of a headache that day. My 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

I think the moving things you are seeing are floaters

www.uic.edu...

I have them and yes, they look like microbes.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I remember once, many years ago, seeing something that freaked me out.
It was maybe about 2:30 AM and I was driving South on a street in the border city of El Paso so naturally I was able to see Mexico off at a distance. I was heading home when all of a sudden the entire sky just lit up for a split second. Seems like most of the brightness occurred right over Juarez Mexico but there was still enough light for me to see the hood of my car for that brief split of a second. I think the light had a slight light green tinge to it as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

When the vitreous gel inside your eye rubs or pulls on the retina, you may see what look like flashing lights or lightning streaks. You may have experienced this same sensation if you have ever been hit in the eye and seen "stars".

The flashes of light can appear off and on for several weeks or months. As we grow older, it is more common to experience flashes. If you notice the sudden appearance of light flashes, you should visit your ophthalmologist immediately because it could mean that the retina has been torn.

I see them too, and sometimes is is not a point or streak but a 20 cm's light blotch on the right or left perifery.
Good point. The point s could be the organic-electrical effects you describe, but is is also possible to produce them in a different manner:

Just focus on a point in front of you like 50 or 100 cm's in front of you in mid air (not on a any object). Intently focus on the midair point as if there is something to see.
Often you will see lightdots appear swirling in the air. They seem to move as if the are indepent movers (like tadpoles in a pool).

I begun to see them in meditation and when I stay focused this can be followed by colored flowing spheres or streakes.
When you do this with a person you sometimes will see color/lightspecs/streaks around or in front of there bodies.
I suspect this has to do with the electrical or EM qualities of our bodies and our senses ability to tap into that facet of our reality once we acknowledge this.

Try it out. Good luck.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Pjotr]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It's interesting you posted this.

Just wanted to say that I've not only seen flashes of light out of my peripheral vision, but I've also seen a short streak, or oblong light floating near me, just outside my line of sight.

Also, within the last several months, I saw a bright flash of light, like a camera flash, in the clouds over my neighborhood.

And almost as if to emphasize that incident, I saw another flash several times as bright, again like a camera flash, in the clouds over my neighborhood a couple of days later...

More people seem to be posting seemingly normal happenings, but which are somewhat "off" enough to warrant posting about...

Until something significant occurs to shed light on all of these unusual personal experiences, we're just left guessing...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've also seen the "floaters" but this flash is unlike those. These flashes don't light up my entire field of vision either. They just seem to be a little spark. Kind of like a star in the sky but only for a fraction of a second. There is no after image or anyghing. Just a split second blip then it's gone. It happens once a week or month. Funny, but I always thought I was seeing a couple of atoms smashing or something. Someone asked how my reflexes are. I think they are pretty good. But, in the morning they are great. It seems like in the morning when I first wake up and I'm still a little out of it I have amazing reflexes. It's almost like I can react without even thinking. i.e. the bar of soap will slip in the shower and my hand will just shoot out and catch it mid air like it was nothing. I also get the star effect on lights at night when I'm driving.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Something I've always wondered is if these flashes are of cosmic origin. We get bombarded constantly by particles from space that can be as small as virtually masseless and are travelling near the speed of light. Could those flashes be a result of either particles travelling through your skull and ocular gel, or could be the result of an electrical interaction in your brain due to said particles travelling through your brain which interprets it as a flash of light.

Always wondered about that.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I know what the OP sees: it looks like a brief 'point of light' or a small glimpse what the 'light at the end of a tunnel' could look like. But it could be floaters.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Hello, i was just wondering if you had this checked by a doctor, and if you did, please what did they say?

Thankyou!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Personally, I don't think it's a migraine. I get those all the time and the "flash" isn't just once, it's distorted vision that lasts up to 30 minutes. However, Dehydration can cause "flashes" so to speak. Anyone recall the day after a night of heavy drinking?
Although, I think you should see a doctor because it's also a sign another poster said regarding a torn or detatched retina. Flashes are a symptom of that, however it's more likely that "dark" patches can be a result of that. Still, see a doctor to be safe!

*edit for source and quote*

www.webmd.com...

You may be in trouble if you experience this:

The first sign of detachment may be a shadow across part of your vision that does not go away

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I know exactly what you're talking about. I see on occassion.

The first time I remember seeing them was when I was ~15. It was like nothing I've felt before or since. I was sitting in my room on my bed and suddenly a rather eerie calm came over me (not that I recognized it at the time). Then I saw the flashes. There were probably a couple dozen of them that went all round the top half of my body and, in particular, ran down my left arm.

It wasn't a hallucination, I didn't get a headache, I could blink, breathe, and move around to watch them. I didn't think to get off the bed to see if the flashes would follow. One by one they faded, and once they were all gone, the "calm" was gone, and I went on with the rest of my day.

Since then, I will see one here and there ever couple months. If I'm lucky I see them within a couple weeks of eachother. Just a quick flash and it's gone. I never really considered what they may be - I always thought it was kind of pretty.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Light can come from the eyes.
Some scientist named Helmholtz discovered this phenomena.
Well I didn't verify it yet.
Supposedly this will help us see thinks in the dark.

So these little flashed might be true.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Prolonged exposure to a computer or a video game system can trigger this as well. For every 2 hours you are online take a 15 minute break so that your eyes can reset to readjust back to it's baseline settings to natural light. All persons have this ability. If you spend like 8 hours a day in complete brightness take an hour in dark or low light to readjust. Very dark to very bright and vice versa will trigger this. The shock to the eyes it cannot take.

Overpixelation exposure can cause this. Overt nicotine use. Overt sugar intake can cause this as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I have also been seeing this for the last few years. Actually, me and my wife. I do feel that this is an external pheonomen, and not an internal "meaning our eye, retina, or headaches" causing this. The reason bing, that me and my wife have seen them together. Indoors, and outside numerous times. Tonight, was the most recent, and decided to look up this topic to see if others have experienced these same things. I sometimes have wondered if it is another unknown organism, or a higher intelligence. I seriously have this feeling that it is something watching or "logging" us. Maybe apart of the whole UFO phenomenon. I know it sounds weird,but if this Ancient Astronaut theory, ties in some how, it could be an intelligence of some sort from beyond our universes "learning" or observing our world and it's ways.\

For creditability reasons, we have both had our eyes checked and are healthy in that respect. I work in the computer science field, so you know I am not an unstable wacko.lol So anyone, what is going on here?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join