It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear's about to eat the Bulla

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Bear Rally???

Bear Rally AT

All this Bull Market BS is nauseating. The fact is, this is nothing but a Bear Rally like we saw in '31!

Oh, and the housing data, Obama's WH put out, BOGUS!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I agree, we will retest the lows sometime in late April-May then rally back up. I would've thought that we would've seen 9000 again though. Time will tell. But for as much doom and gloom that there is out there, I'm saving up all my chips for the next dow 6500 and will be going all in when that occurs.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The worst hasn't kicked in but it is kicking in. Gonna be a lot of changes. Has to be. It is impossible to make progress without making changes. This is the way of nature and it is the nature of business.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'll say 7200 is the lowest you'll get on a little technical retracement, and THAT would be a gift for you doubting types.

In all reality, 8800 is very possible before May.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

This market is being held like a house of cards

So many things can cause a collapse

its a market for the young and the strong at heart

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
this rally is a product of 'window dressing' at the end-of-quarter...

the rally is also being spurred on by the PPT (plunge protection team)

the consensus is the rally is a Bull rally in a longer Bear Market,
i say it's a false flag rally

designed to be usefull to the USA cause in the upcoming G-20 Summit,as the USA proposes a new layer of elitist-contolled Agency which will
regulate and plan the trading markets for the mega-trillions of
toxic assets that is freezing up normal credit expansion in the global central-bank system.

the rally should continue until after the world leaders & populations had time to digest the ramifications of the USA proposals of a financial central-planning & central clearinghouse for the continual shuffling & sales/trade/swapping of toxic assets which are on 'The Core Banks' balancesheets
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as far as buying shares when the next downturn starts...
I have rebalanced my holdings already from; the conventional wisdom that one should have 70% equities & 20% gold &10% cash...
being contrarian, i have 70%gold equities, 20% stocks, 10% cash..
and i will only buy distressed but multinational/dividend paying/sole-source
providers of strategic product(s) in Any future market, up or down

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thanks,

[edit on 28-3-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Bullish Spring...maybe very bullish. Big ugly Bearish, Hot, dangerous summer.

Government runs the market anymore. Not just an influencer, but THE MARKET. They'll want to lure the middle classe, dollar cost averaging folks back in in order to further loot more money from their pockets when it plummets again. They've got 40-60% of it, the common folks bailed out. Now they want to lure them in for a large percentage of the balance.

The bond market is where the collapse should be monitored, not the stock market.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So this is what I'm thinking:

Quarter-end financial reports: Bleak Q408, Q109, Q209 reports will drag down the markets. Consumers who were saving 1.7% in 2008 are putting cash in the bank, loss of confidence is not filling up corporate piggy banks. PersonalSavings GDP 4Q08 -6.3%

Unemployment: Jan09 - 7.6%, Feb09 - 8.1%, Mar09 - 8.5% -- Government forecast is 10% end of 2009 and 12% mid 2010. See trend on bls.gov

Residential Real Estate: Values are down 40% from last year, meaning lots of underwater properties and accellerating foreclosures, especially in California. We're not done turning bank assets toxic.

Commercial Real Estate: Closures of chains (Mervyns, Circuit City, etc), factories and layoffs mean empty buildings. More toxic assets on bank books. This is coming in 2009-2010. PropertyWire

Baltic Dry Index: A measure of shipping costs of goods and raw materials remains low. Containerships sitting idle have hit a historic high of 453 ships sitting idle in March 2009. Factories and retail are not gearing up for 2009. Or 2010. BDI Zero'd

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

8800? Yeah, we'll see it! About a month before the Crash of all Crashes! Have you ever seen a dying heart? These spikes are agonal beats. And we'll flat line before long.

top topics

join