It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face Hugger 4rm Alien Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Do you feel that the face hugger from the alien movie, is actually a repressed male sexual fantasy?

Giger was the originator of the face hugger. Nearly all of his surreal art is liberally strewn sexual ideas. By the way i like his work. It is very intriquing. Awesome.

But back to the face hugger: is it a repressed male fantasy? How many of us "identify" with the face hugger. Would visualize in your mind's eye that you are face hugger and you are, well, hugging some fantabulous babe?

Any ideas on this?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Quite the opposite actually. The facehugger was designed specifically to stimulate a sense of primal fear in men. It is essentially a being whose sole purpose in life is to forcefully impregnate individuals, essentially raping them. The sense of fear comes from the psychological reversal of the male role, becoming that of the dominant sexual personality, to an unwilling and secondary one.

The Alien creature's design and life cycle is pretty twisted if you really think about it. A lot of people who look into it see various themes throughout, ranging from a mindless creature overcoming all the technology and ingenuity we have, to a Ripley's feminist struggle against a patriarchal society and a hive of creatures that are obvious representations of sheer masculinity.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
the face hugger is a hand with a penis in the palm, is symbolizes forced sexual penetration, or forced to preform a sex act, and the xeno's that bust from the stomach is the bastard child of that forced sex, when you look upon it you dont see a child you see a monster born from a monster, just my opinion

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well facehugger's objective is to procreate. He jumps to someone's face then, this individual has a baby, which goes through various phases until becoming a big alien. In the design of the facehugger, I don't see anything sexual, but maybe in his purpose.

new topics

top topics

join