It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India has 'proof' of Pakistan role in Mumbai attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

India has 'proof' of Pakistan role in Mumbai attacks

news.yahoo.com

NEW DELHI (AFP) – India's government says it has "overwhelming evidence" that "official agencies" of Pakistan were involved in the Islamist militant attacks on Mumbai that left 165 people dead.

Home Minister P. Chidambaram also accused Pakistan in a TV interview to be aired Sunday of doing nothing to dismantle "the infrastructure of terrorism" on its soil amid heightened tensions between the nuclear-armed neighbours.

"Given the overwhelming evidence we have, I am entitled to presume that official agencies (of Pakistan) were involved (in the attacks)," he said, referring to such Pakistani institutions as its spy agency and army.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Home Minister has not given any details of this "evidence".
Pakistan apparently, as of yet, as not commented on these accusations.

India has accused the banned Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) group, which has had close ties with Pakistani intelligence agencies in the past, of staging the attacks that have soured a peace process between the two nations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Chidambaram said India would "apply pressure" and "use coercive diplomacy" to ensure those guilty were brought to trial even if Pakistan, racked by political instability, has "neither the time nor the inclination."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is not good news-
it seems India has every right to want to prosecute a terrorist attack of that brutal nature and the most frustrating thing is when you have sort of a "diplomatic standstill" regarding the fact you cannot directly accuse a government of fault.... you still know they had a part to play in it.

It seems IMHO Pakistan should be condemning this more....and being more cooperative...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Sure they do.

And I have the Ark of the Covenant in my basement, I'm just not showing anyone.

"Given the overwhelming evidence we have, I am entitled to presume that official agencies (of Pakistan) were involved (in the attacks)," he said, referring to such Pakistani institutions as its spy agency and army.

Translation: Given the extremely unstable political climate in Pakistan and their efforts to combat Islamic Fundamentalism which is slowing taking hold in their major urban areas and killing Pakistanis on a daily basis, we feel this is a good time to needlessly undermine and pressure Pakistan, our arch-rival, in it's moment of weakness. To even out the scoreboard for Kashmir.

Bombs are going off daily in Pakistan, they've lost almost all control of their autonomous provinces to Taliban-backed radicalists, their very President is threatened non-stop with assassination plots, America continues to unnecessarily pressure Pakistan to fulfilling it's requirements in combating the Taliban while carrying out illegal cross-border raids and the Indians think they've got it tough?

Eat your heart out. Pakistan is doing more than anyone else at the moment, including India, to combat Islamic insurgency in the Indian subcontinent.

India should be praising Pakistan, not vilifying them under the pretence of alleged, Pakistani connections to the Mumbai attacks.

When in reality, they're using Pakistan's unstable political situation to their advantage as much as they can simply due to the decades old hatred between the two countries.

[edit on 22/3/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

join