It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow Man(picture)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I didn't see anything on this particular subject, so I decided to bring it to light and get everyone's personal opinion.

I was doing some research on "shadow men" and came across this site with a picture.

"My name is Polly Gear. I am from Clarksburg, WV, and co-founded Mountaineer Ghosts Paranormal Investigators with Misty Davis, and on May 7, 2004, I captured a photograph of a shadow person in the
West Virginia Penitentiary in Moundsville, WV.

The experience happened that night around 1:30 am - just a few hours after a severe thunder and
lightening storm. I was walking south toward the lobby in the north hallway when I heard a noise from the
doorway to the cafeteria behind me. I walked back to the doorway and turned on the flash light to see
what the noise could have been. When I reached the doorway that enters the small hallway between the
big hall and the cafeteria, I flipped on my light and saw a black form of a human shadow walking toward
me.

A little detail on what this shadow person looked like at a distance of 10 feet between it and myself when I first saw it in the small hallway...this shadow was a perfect outline form/shape of a man - a big man. Inside
the shape, as my flashlight was on it, was really black vibrating static - such as you would see on a TV set
that is off channel...only black! There were no facial features, no hair...no sounds from it. Its movements
while walking were somewhat animated - hard to describe it for you to understand. It was definitely a
sentient being; it knew I was there...it looked at me.

Link
Now, I am by far not a photography expert, but I feel that this is an authentic image. There is a link from that page that says TAPS "debunked" it, but to me, that doesn't mean anything. If it is faked it wouldn't suprise me, but I really want this to be real. Just want to know what everyone thinks. Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Death
If it is faked it wouldn't suprise me, but I really want this to be real. Just want to know what everyone thinks. Thanks in advance.

There really is nothing to suggest authenticity. How does one gauge something to be paranormal on the basis of a photo and unverifiable testimony? Especially with fraudulent behavior being rife on the internet.

It's more than likely a guy dressed in black wearing a balaclava. It could also be a cut-out. We can only look a the possibility of the figure in the photo as being a shadow person once all prosaic explanations have been eliminated.

You must be careful when you want something to be real because the first thing you can loose is your objectivity.

IRM

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Death
I didn't see anything on this particular subject, so I decided to bring it to light and get everyone's personal opinion.

Did you use the search bar..?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't know if that is a shadow man or not, but if I were filming a horror flick I would think that is an ideal setup.
Spooky picture with the prison surroundings and whatnot.

On second thought, I'll go out on a limb and say that probably isn't a "shadow-man".

join