It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any real evidence to the newly declassified UFO files?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hello to everyone!

I was having a stroll though the newly declassified UFO files from the British National Archive.

Its quite a fact that the British as many other nations have a classified record of UFO sightings and today many ex-secret files are released to the public.

The mere fact that agencies around the world spend resources on the mater draws to some conclusions. However are the newly released files sheding any real light to the UFO case?

Seing is believing, however most of the files i have been through do not contain any solid evidence. I may be wrong but i feel that there will not be any mind blowing info coming out. Maybe they screen what's released.
Below is a link to the latest files released by the British National Archive:

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

I doubt 'solid evidence' will be found any time soon in documents released by any Government agency of any nation. The majority of sightings are explained

p180 – 182 The crews of six RAF Tornado jets reported being overtaken by a giant UFO, whilst flying over Germany during an exercise controlled by Dutch radar on 5 November 1990. The pilots believed that this could have been a test flight for the then top-secret USAF Stealth Fighter. Their brief report and internal discussion can be found here (further details p157). It later emerged that the pilots had actually seen burning debris from a Soviet rocket body, used to launch a satellite into orbit.
Source

Of those small few that remain unexplained, most are of UFOs. The nature of UFO phenomena is of one or more lights traveling in the sky and makes 'solid proof' unlikely. Inside the reports are usually a few that share reputable, multiple witnesses and no known explanation. These are the best reason for reading the lengthy reports and sifting through 'man with dog meets green alien' reports

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16beb2b82946.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66551ee83262.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57c52d4c094f.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37da3e5499f6.gif[/atsimg]

Large 'boomerangs', missile-like UFOs and dancing UFOs. There is some good stuff in there, but it's buried.

Edited to link those screwed images I've taken from the archives.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I prety much agree to the burried statement.
However declasification was supposed to be ongoing and i haven't had any recent news on the subject.
Do i miss something?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Bear in mind that pretty much everything released was available through FOI; the only reason some of it is new is becuase researchers didn't know what to ask for.

The top secret stuff is still just that.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well it seems to me that your on the right track when you say that nothing major will be released but if we do see disclosure by may 31 I bet it will be more of the same as we are seeing now... part of me wants to believe that we will get a mother load of mouth watering stuff but the reality is probably nothing eye popping will come of it..

but this is the one time I hope I'm wrong!
recent pic april 2009

i'm not sure this is even real but who knows. I know its not a gov. release but its one I have been looking into

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
OK i kept away from this thread for some time now and i am not up to date with the matter either.

Has there been any recent x-file releases to the public?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dwest

The edges on the object, when viewed at full size, look unnaturally sharp to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fls13

I would agree.

It looks more like a fake to wander people off.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Milton Torres' story came to view as a result of the recent British MOD disclosures. His story was in the old files that were declassified and now he's out there recounting his tale. It's very compelling, if you haven't seen it. I think it's the best result of the recent disclosures.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Of course, Torres never actually saw anything, just radar returns. Radar returns that are highly similar to those produced by electronic countermeasures.

And his wingman tells a different story.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by fls13

Of course, Torres never actually saw anything, just radar returns. Radar returns that are highly similar to those produced by electronic countermeasures.

And his wingman tells a different story.

Feel free to link to it. I'd like to see it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

One example (there are others), from here.

Torres recalls a GCI briefing on only one contact.

an unidentified flying object with very unusual flight patterns. In the initial briefing, it was suggested to us that the 'bogey' actually was motionless for long intervals.
A description which could be indicative of jamming.

Roberson's account says GCI reported multiple contacts over a wide area.

I specifically recall being advised that more than one GCI site and multiple 'unknowns' were involved and that the area extended into Scotland.

Information from the controller indicated the unknowns were changing speed and altitude quite frequently.
Again, this fits descriptions of the effects of jamming. But two very different briefs from GCI.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by fls13

One example (there are others), from here.

Torres recalls a GCI briefing on only one contact.

an unidentified flying object with very unusual flight patterns. In the initial briefing, it was suggested to us that the 'bogey' actually was motionless for long intervals.
A description which could be indicative of jamming.

Roberson's account says GCI reported multiple contacts over a wide area.

I specifically recall being advised that more than one GCI site and multiple 'unknowns' were involved and that the area extended into Scotland.

Information from the controller indicated the unknowns were changing speed and altitude quite frequently.
Again, this fits descriptions of the effects of jamming. But two very different briefs from GCI.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Phage]

Dave Roberson's account also says that Torres was ordered up to a significantly higher altitude, which might account for some differences in their experiences. Roberson also add this:

"I might add that during this time frame (spring of 1957), while
either standing cockpit alert or acting as runway control
officer, on two occasions I saw some activity to the south of
Manston [English Channel/North Sea area], which involved several
lighted objects moving in strange ways. They were sometimes
motionless and sometimes accelerating in various directions
which did not appear to be consistent with either fixed wing
aircraft or helicopters known to me at that time. I reported
these to control tower and/or Met Sector, but never requested or
received any explanation of what they were."

Roberson adds credibility to Torres' story. Thanks for posting the link.

top topics

join