It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Supreme Leader: No Change in U.S. Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Iran's Supreme Leader: No Change in U.S. Policy

www.foxnews.com

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei dismissed overtures from President Barak Obama on Saturday, saying Tehran does not see any change in U.S. policy under its new administration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
As they say in the TV Commercials "But wait there's more!"

Take a read through some of Khamenei's comments especially towards the end of the article. FoxNews seems alittle more detailed...
» This Is Iranian News Link «
www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

As I read this I couldn't help but think he sounds like a little girl airing his "grievances". Wah Wah Wah When his president is happy to reiterate his statement about wiping Israel of the face of the Earth.

We probably have "wronged" the Iranian nation in many ways. His verbose response seems very immature for such a high level official.

Upside is that if he's going to make those statements in public; then at least he wants to talk.

Looking forward to the Obama response.

Edit to add Iranian news link.

[edit on 3·21·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Yeah friggin' Iran, get it together and start licking our asses already.

New boss needs a new pair of shoes baby.

Ordinarily, I would agree with you that Obama is ready to shed new light on the Iran situation, but because of your condescending attitude to Iran's legitimate grievances here I see that you're only really cherry-picking what you want from these articles and not seeing the bigger picture.

Wah Wah Wah When his president is happy to reiterate his statement about wiping Israel of the face of the Earth.

Reiterate? That's pretty funny coming from someone using what is most probably one of the overused phrases on ATS.

If I had a dollar every single time somebody brought up the "Israel off the map" quote I wouldn't be posting here.

Do yourself a favour mate and stop parroting it, because it's been debunked just as many times as well:
www.globalresearch.ca...

These leaders really need to get together. If he's going to make those statements in public; then at least he wants to talk.

Bravo. Now you're getting there.

We need open, bipartisan talks with Iran immediately. Both sides are slinging so much mud at each other we can't even tell who's saying what anymore.

A lack of communication has led to some of the worst debacles in history; the Cuban Missile Crisis for one.

Let's not repeat history here. Iran is willing to talk to us as long as we're willing to talk to them and actually give them a chance to respond fairly.

Not simply invite them to Columbia University and let 1,000 under-graduate douchebags shout slogans at them.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Obamas speech seemed to me to be a message to the world and not the Iranian people. Almost a "look, I am trying to be the good guy but they wont listen" and then when they do something to Iran because of the "WMD" it will be ..well we tried to be nice. I am not buying it.
They are not changing towards Iran. The sanctions put on Iran are exactly the same as what happened to Iraq and of course you would be irritated if another country was doing this to you. The Iranian people are a proud nation. What gives a nation who has nuclear weapons the right to tell another they cant have them?
The USA have just had two naval craft collide near Iranian waters ...why are they there? How would the US feel if an Iranian sub and naval ship were off the coast of Florida?
The Allatollah always talks to his people at this time and if his people are annoyed about these heavy sanctions he has every right to address it.
The Iranian governement actually helped the USA against Al queda in Afghanistan but that is forgotton.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The puppeteer needs to beef up pinnociObamas' scripts.

The only hope I see is that around the world, TPTB ruling other countries will fear that PinnociObama is naive enough to launch some nukes.

That may be the key to keep China, Russia, Iran, N. Korea and friends from attempting expansion.

I "Hope" it works Mr. President

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Ordinarily, I would agree with you that Obama is ready to shed new light on the Iran situation, but because of your condescending attitude to Iran's legitimate grievances here I see that you're only really cherry-picking what you want from these articles and not seeing the bigger picture.

Wah Wah Wah When his president is happy to reiterate his statement about wiping Israel of the face of the Earth.

Thank you for some constructive criticism; It wasn't my intention to be condescending. Their whining seems justified but I'm certainly no authority on the validity of their grievances. People, especially in power, shouldn't come across as crybabies. I am not an authority on much of anything given the lies that I've been fed. I'm learning.
Yes, I've seen that Ahmadinejad meeting with orthadox jews (?) and he shows good honor to them. I'm still in the dark about Zionist but looking.

Reiterate? That's pretty funny coming from someone using what is most probably one of the overused phrases on ATS.
If I had a dollar every single time somebody brought up the "Israel off the map" quote I wouldn't be posting here.

Yes, that replays in my minds eye when I hear the word Iran. Terrible but that's what MSM does to people. (see above; I've seen 1 video with Ahmadinejad being civil)

Do yourself a favour mate and stop parroting it, because it's been debunked just as many times as well:
www.globalresearch.ca...

I stand corrected.

We need open, bipartisan talks with Iran immediately. Both sides are slinging so much mud at each other we can't even tell who's saying what anymore.

A lack of communication has led to some of the worst debacles in history; the Cuban Missile Crisis for one.

Let's not repeat history here. Iran is willing to talk to us as long as we're willing to talk to them and actually give them a chance to respond fairly.

TV is such an incredibly powerful medium. How do we, as citizens, replace the rhetoric, distortion and complicity of mainstream media with some honorable, credible and truthful reporting? In my opinion, that's a cornerstone.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Truthfully I agree with Iran on this one. There has been no change, no attempt to reach out and make any sort of advancement that would benefit both countries.

Everything in this is one sided and has been for a very long time. It always includes Iran having to sacrifice progress for the ability to export/import good required to sustain a first world country.

These little foreign policy games that Obama is playing won't be lasting very long. He shot himself in the foot when he made that Berlin speech, speaking as a "citizen of the world" he should begin to act like one.

Foreign policy requires compromise on both sides, not arm bending by one ad tap-out by the other. This is only furthering the image that Iran is the bad guys and they need to be removed as well.

Personally I can't wait till they actually acquire a WMD, they will be able to tell the rest of the rich nations in the world to leave them alone, and it will allow them some barganing room to get their country of it's feet and perhaps actually do something productive instead of being hindered the whole way.

Now that being said, it's not like they haven't done anything wrong either. Iran history isn't exactly squeaky clean, but then again whose is? The status quo has been kept for far too long and we cannot continue this way if we intent to survive within this current Social/world structure.

~Keeper

top topics

join