It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watershed moment for British business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Watershed moment for British business

news.bbc.co.uk

Tidjane Thiam's appointment as chief executive of Prudential is, we believe, a watershed moment for British business and should be widely celebrated.

From my experience, you cannot underestimate the importance of an inspirational leader and the impact of an advocate at board level.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Um...iz it 'cause I iz black?

If we take our eye off the ball, fair representation for ethnic minorities in our workforce will slip even further out of reach - Sandra Kerr

You'll always be the victim if you sit around playing the victim, Sandra.

Britain is in a strange position regarding black people, because while we did indeed engage in slavery, it was not racially based (unless you consider the Irish black, I suppose). It was really down to the Americans to really hammer home the racial aspect of it, and yet in Britain we are supposed to have this massive liberal white guilt about it.

Well, sorry, I don't. If anything you should be thanking us for bringing the modern world to sub-Saharan Africa, and then emancipating you, because if we hadn't done it, it's unlikely anyone else would have (I'm looking at you, Arabia, 400,000 slaves circa 1963).

And as ethnic minorities (note: not just black people) make up only 11% of the population, it seems they are pretty damn well represented, at least in my workplace.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The 11% is a misrepresentation as it doesn't include illegals and is years out of date. The only minority in my town is me, as a single (unmarried) white male I receive no representation or benefit for who I am although everyone else here does, a net of approx 70% of everything I earn ends back up with the government and shipped out to unworking masses. I hate this government and the best I can do is go protest at G20 when it comes around unless anyone wants to send me a dirty bomb?

join