It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye On the Pacific - Live Webcams Throughout Pacific - Direct Links - To watch for Tsunamis, Quakes,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here is a compilation of webcams throughout the Pacific - we can all watch for events as: Tsunami Warnings, Earthquakes, or just for the fun of it.
After doing a thread of a "Tsunami Warning 7.9 quake in Tonga with a Live Fiji Webcam - here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought it would be a Good Idea - to have one thread where everyone could go to................. to watch for tsuanmis etc. in the future. If a warning is broadcasted, you can easily come to this thread and click on the direct links to Webcams throughout the Pacific.

There will be a few links - that will take you to many choices for webcams on beaches - I will specify which links those are when I list them.

Fiji - www.fijiwebcam.com...

Bora Bora - Tahiti - www.tahitinuitravel.com...

Moorea - Tahiti - www.thetahititraveler.com...

New Zealand - www.gw.govt.nz...

New Caldonia - French Polynesia -www.diabolofunboard.com...

Yakahoma - Japan ( only water one I could find - others are the cities) - www.fmyokohama.co.jp...

Puerto Galera - Phillipines - www.pgyc.org...

Phuket Thailand (yes I know this is actually the Indian Ocean, but wanted to add it here anyway
)
- www.marinaphuket.com...

Hong Kong - choices of cams) - www.discoverhongkong.com...

Hawaii - this link will take you to many choices on Maui - a surfers webcams site - to watch the waves for surfing) - livesurfcamhawaii.com...

Hawaii - Big Island - South Side - this is an awesome "whale" watch site too - plus listen to whale songs - www.jupiterfoundation.org...

Alaska - many many choices at this link - www.akmining.com...

Adding this one in this thread - for the "interest" of it..... watch peguins etc. in the Antarctica - choices of cams -
www.antarctica.ac.uk...

Here is a site - you can explore with webcams throughout the world.
www.camscape.com...

I thought of putting Atlantic Ocean cams here, but if an event happens in the Pacific - then you will be able to reference this thread, so I will do a separate thread on Atlantic webcams - so there is no confusion and both threads will have easy access to webcams depending on where on event happens.

Please add any others you may find, if the thread is pass the "editing" point of time, I will ask a mod (if they don't mind) inserting the link in this Main Body of the thread with "credit" to whoever found the webcam given. That way there is always One reference spot and people don't have to search throughout the thread for a "new" webcam. (I hope the mods will go along with this) - haven't asked yet!

edit for spelling - dang it - I always forget that "c" in Antar"c"tica

[edit on 19-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What a great idea! I used to watch the Vesuvius webcam a lot.

Here are a couple along Northern California. Crescent City is a tsunami hotspot...

Crescent City is susceptible to tsunamis. According to Humboldt State University,[3] the city experienced tsunami conditions 17 times between the years 1943 and 1994. Although most of these effects were barely perceptible, one tsunami in particular extensively damaged the city in 1964.

Crescent City: www.northcoastweather.com...

Santa Cruz: www.ci.santa-cruz.ca.us...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Good stuff, i'll be checking out some of these links periodically just for the heck of it. Very cool idea!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Many thanks!

I will S&F immediately!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Thank you for those, I was thinking of doing a "California" thread - all on it's own, since there are literally HUNDREDS of beach webcams. But adding them here - is just as good.

The moderator - Asala - said he/she will be happy to add, links to webcams in the OP - as they come along.

YOU ROCK - Asala - Thank YOU!

So people can add cams, if they find new ones - and they will be added - with Credit given to the person with the "find"!

I think this is cool, to have a one stop shop to view what is going on, especially as we have "warnings" come up in the future, we can all just come here and "click and watch"!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thank you for putting this together, Its very helpfull and very interesting,

Oh and "she"

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

LOL, thank you, I now know - you are a she and will refer to you as such!!

I have been checking on the various webcams.

As time goes, hopefully we will add many more - for all of us to view the various places around the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You guys are going to find Cthulhu down there...

line

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

What is that? I have never heard of that word before?

did you mispell something? I have no clue what your post means or refers to.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I call this quality entertainment while i wait for Nibiru to arrive,lol,what is wrong with me????

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I believe he's referring to cthulu from the HP Lovecraft books, Like "The Call of Cthulu". Some sort of monster, or demon, or something. Apparently oceangoing, too, if he plans on finding Cthulu there.

Great thread. I'm looking forward to the Atlantic list. Where I'm at, if the Azores go, I'll be sitting on a temporary beach.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/3/20 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

He's a fictional alien being written by HP Lovecraft. He's a giant squidlike alien who's sleeping at the bottom of the ocean. Pacific to be exact. He was a priest to his gods, and he has a cult devoted to him.
In the book of course.
Lovecraft was a great author.
Also
The Bloop has been covered extensively here I'm sure.

It's more of a tongue in cheek joke for me.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
tsunami warning issued for the New Zealand earthquake today - so I will be watching many of these webcams.

It is dark right now - but this one has some light from Fiji - in a harbor area

www.fijiwebcam.com...

[edit on 15-7-2009 by questioningall]

new topics

top topics

join