It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics: WUKNR Wukky goes to Washington

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
PODcast:

WUKNR Wukky goes to Washington

Thats right, with your help I can go to Washington DC and tell these lawmakers where to put their bailout BS. You the ATS member need to help by calling and writing your representitives and demanding that they allow me to speak to them on the floor of the Seanate. It is high time that the citizenry of this country have a voice in these bailouts and we need to demand those in charge to be accountable for their actions. I can't do it alone. I need you The ATS member to Star, Flag and Digg this and make sure that as many people know as possible.

Get me to Washington DC and I will give our representitves the proper respect they deserve.

length: 10:21
file: ptspod_3249.mp3
size: 9703k
feed: pts

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I has no monies.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Don't want money. I want people to write their congressmen and demand that they hear me on the floor. It's time that those idiots in DC get the tongue lashing they give CEOs.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Good for you, Wukky!
We should all back you! (I do!)
What else are we here for if not for fixing things?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thanks Clearskies,

It just sikens me to no end that our legislative branch dares to lie to our collective faces. Then when they are called out on it they point their chubby greedy fingers at someone else.

Its time for us to stand up. The way we do that is by exposing these people for who they are. Getting in their faces and demanding our voices be heard.

Thats what I want to do. I want to call them liars to their faces. I want to publicly humiliate them on their turf. I want to tell them off the right way and expose them for the lies they have perpetrated on this country.

The way to do that is to demand that they let me speak. I want to go to them and demand answers. We all want answers. I want to know why they lie to us continuously. I want them to tell me to my face why they have lied to us. Why they themselves made it possible for AIG to get massive bonuses.

And I need peoples help. I need you to contact your reps and demand that I be allowed 1/2 an hour on the floor of the senate to ask them point blank questions about the bailout.

I won't take a form letter as an answer any longer. We the American people are pissed. And we want answers NOW.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
By the way, do you have the numbers we should call?
Don't forget Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac lumped in with AIG!
The audacity of them saying they didn't know!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here's the site to find your representative; U.S. Senate
Ours(Georgia) are Saxby Chambliss R.
(202) 224- 3521
and Johnny Isakson R.
(202) 224- 3643

What date are we talking about?
Or do you want to hear from them?
I think you'll be more embraced by the republicans, because many of them were against the bailout!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Ive contacted my reps and asked for time on the floor. I want answers I think the people of the United States deserve to have answers. I want to know if these people that voted for this bailout were either incompetent or negligent.

I think that it is high time for Wukky to go to Washington. I want them to feel the sting of being outed to the American people. I want them to explain to their constituency why they would dare lie to them and pass something then feign ignorance!

as for a date, I don't care. It has to be soon though because if we allow them to sweep this under the rug and let it cool off in the American people's minds they can blow it off.

[edit on 3/20/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Also, Should we ask that you (as pseudonym 'Wukky") speak or Whatyouknow, or what?
Which would be preferable?

If more people don't jump on this, they shouldn't be complaining on ATS when things aren't done right about the bailout IMHO!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Have you contacted any Tea Parties for support as well?
They have HUGE numbers!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Tell them that a constituant of the representitives from Michigan has requested a half an hour of the senates time to discuss this issue and that you want them to allow me to speak on behalf of the American taxpayer.

Both my senators know I want to talk about this.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

O.K., (I thought you were from Illinois!)
I'll do it!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

For everyone to know here is the Capital Switchboard number...

(202) 224-3121

Call them and ask that I be allowed 1/2 an hour to talk about this issue.

It's OUR time now! We can do this. We want real answers and we want them NOW.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wukkie for Prez..

Seriously,I hope you get the support to do it..

We need to start letting the PTB know that we think they're a waste of space more often,even if it puts them off their Caviar and Champagne suppers for just one night.

Edit for misspelling a 3 letter acronym

[edit on 20-3-2009 by AGENT_T]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

O.K., I called mine and told them and when I called the senate board, they put me through to a Michigan rep. and they took down my comments. (It sounded like they had already received more calls!
We should REALLY help this snowball!
Go Wukky!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Could you outline the points you intend to speak of WHEN you are recognized for a 1/2 hour?

If not, I would still support your wish to be heard. I am curious to know what insightful words will compliment your resolve.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

You beat me to the punch.

Please provide your outline and talking points so that I can know what I would be helping to accomplish.

Also are you willing to release your full name? I dont really feel like going through the effort to say some guy with a forum name of WUKKY wants me to tell you ..... or telling them that I would like to vouch for some guy who's name I have no clue of. It just doesn't sound very good.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
My problem with these calls for action is that they confuse being angry with being right. You're angry - does that make you right?

Obama's angry with AIG - does that make AIG wrong? Not according to AIG.

I want to call them liars to their faces.

Very good. Now if someone calls you a liar, what's your first reaction? I don't think it's to accept immediately that the accuser right and that you are a liar.

When were we lied to? And please don't say "Come on man! The whole lot of them are lieing to us all the time because they're the government!"

Pinpoint the spots, because if you're going to take half an hour of congressional sitting time ($450,000) to call them liars then you better be able to back up what you say.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Anyone interested in helping me pressure the Senate to allow me to speak on the floor for a half an hour can U2U me for my name to use. For confidentiality purposes I of course don’t want to give my name out publicly over the Internet. If you are really interested in helping me do this U2U me for my name so that you can call the Capital Switchboard and ask that I be allowed to speak.

As far as what I am going to say…

In these times when financial institutions go to our legislative branch with their hats in they’re hands begging for a bailout. One cannot get angry at those same financial institutions when they misuse taxpayer money.

Especially when the very rules allow them to. In this legislation, there was a key element, one that was carefully hidden, those allowed for these financial institutions to legally and with all the blessing of this congress give out these multi million dollar bonuses to the very executives that caused AIG to become insolvent to begin with.

How can we blame AIG for following the letter of the law set out before them? A majority here passed this in the senate. Even by those who later turned on the CEO of AIG in this chamber and chastised him for allowing these bonuses to go out. This should tell the American people something startling about our legislature. It is my opinion that those that voted for this measure for AIG have absolutely no one to blame for AIG giving out bonuses but themselves.

Even more infuriating is Senator Dodd, who was the one who put this paragraph into the legislation authorizing these bonuses. Dodd, who latter lied to the American people and denied his wrongdoing and cowardly, after being exposed, took the low road and shifted blame onto treasury secretary Geitner The brunt of the blame rests on senator Dodd’s shoulders in this matter. But it equally rests on the shoulders of every member of this chamber who chose by their own free will to pass this legislation.

Each of you who chose to publicly humiliate the CEO of AIG for these bonuses wrongly did so. Each of you who did so after voting for this legislation was even more wrong. How dare you chastise this man for no wrongdoing? Exploiting the rule of law is the prerogative of every businessperson in this country.

There will be those of you in this chamber that will undoubtedly deny knowledge of this singular paragraph in this legislation. To those of you who wish to save face in this manner I say to you that you are incompetent. You are incompetent and were derelict of duty. For those of you that knew this paragraph was in the bill and voted for this legislation you are grossly negligent.

The majority of Americans were against this bailout. But instead of going with the will of the people you decided to vote for this anyway sighting that AIG was too big to fail and that if you did nothing that the financial crisis would have been much worse.

What has been the result of your action? Our country now is forced to repeatedly prop up an insolvent company; a company thanks to bad leadership, a failed strategy and a broken moral compass will most likely never be profitable again.

Now it is estimated that the United States taxpayer owns 80% of AIG. This company thanks to the bad press and attention it has received is going to be nigh impossible to turn around.

The United States is in this company for far too much at this point to allow it to fail. Now the United States is held hostage by an investment that it should have never taken. We will be forced regularly to bail out this company over and over again, with the threat of it going under. When will this company ever give us an adequate return on our investment? What happens when the common stock we own in this company falls to junk status?

When in this country will our lawmakers realize the difference between too big to fail and to damaged to save?

Do any of you have an adequate reason why you voted for these AIG executives to receive these bonuses?

If you didn’t know that this part was in this legislation, is it safe to assume that you don’t bother reading any legislation that happens across your desk? What other horrible pieces of legislation have you voted for with no clear understanding as to what you were voting on?

If you knew that this was in there, did you vote for this because you felt they deserved these bonuses? In your opinion did the executives of AIG do that good of a job destroying their company to warrant retention bonuses? If that is the case please, put me in a position in this company, I am sure my complete incompetence in finance would warrant me a multi million-dollar bonus. Please, I am sure I can completely fail a company and drive it into the ground. If I completely destroy a company beyond the ability of it being saved will you vote to allow me to have a larger bonus?

And now you want to place an excise tax on these bonuses? Bonuses you voted for? If that isn’t the definition of hypocritical I don’t know what is.

Sen. Charles Grassley was quoted as saying “The first thing that would make me feel a little bit better towards them if they’d follow the Japanese model and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say I’m sorry, and then either do one of two things — resign, or go commit suicide.”

Should we ask of you the same? After all from the congressional record you voted for the TARP program. You agreed to these bonuses that Senator Dodd graciously gave out. You voted for them, you felt they were right.

I also wonder, senator Dodd, was it the promise of campaign funds down the road that compelled you to bail out such an insolvent and incompetent company? We know from the record that Senator Dodd received $280,000 from AIG for re election. Senator Dodd, is this payback, a quid pro quo for campaign funds? Maybe you’re expecting more in campaign funds from AIG next election? Or is this a return on the investment AIG has made in you?

Senator Dodd, you stated that Tim Geitner pressured you to put this piece into this legislation; did he hold a gun to your head? Were you threatened? Were you coerced? We don’t know, does Geitner have your children in a room somewhere? Is this some sort of ransom that had to be paid? How were you pressured?

Anything I should add?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
There was a time in this country when a citizen could go to their representative in Washington and demand things to be done. They could write, or call their representative and influence their decision. This time has passed. No longer is the voice of the individual heard in this country. No longer are the people able to talk to their lawmaker and demand things change.

Now when a voter calls or writes their legislator they are given a form letter or they have their complaint written down. I intend to break through. I intend to go before the senate and speak my view. No longer will I sit idly by, no longer will I accept the status quo of an ineffectual voice among the masses demanding my voice be heard only to be thwarted by a secretary or form letter. I will no longer accept that only the powerful or a lobby can have access to our government. I once again demand no taxation without representation. I once again want a government of the people and for the people.

Agree with my views or not. What I want is a chance to be really heard. What I want is answers. I want to look these representatives in the eye and know that my opinion has been recognized.

What is wrong with this country today is that we have let slip away our voice. I am determined to take that back. I am determined to petition this government to hear me. I will no longer be disenfranchised by political parties that I only sometimes agree with. I do not care of republican or democrat viewpoints, but what is important to the well-being of this country. I will be heard!

This government went against the will of the American people. Went against our wishes and gave those that have proven that they cannot handle their businesses bailouts that they did not deserve. Furthermore these legislators have continued their defiance of the American people by allowing these very businesses to give bonuses to those that caused the problems we see today to begin with. This must end!

They tell you that by letting these failed businesses fail that they are saving you from a crisis. They have lied. They are only interested in saving those that prop up their own election campaigns and give them the lifestyle they have grown oh so wrongly accustomed to.

On both sides of the isle republican and democrat they pledge their allegiance forgetting the country they owe their allegiance to. They spit on the republic for their own greedy gains. And scoff at those that demand real leadership

I for one have had it with this government as it stands. This is not the government of our forefathers. This is not the government of the patriots who fought and died for freedom from those who wished to tax us without any representation. We as Americans deserve better. We as Americans are entitled to more. We are entitled to more freedom and more liberty. I for one stand and say give me liberty or give me death. For I would rather die than let our government destroy that which our grandfathers fought so hard to defend. I for one would rather death than oppression in exchange for security.

This is where I need you. I cannot tell these people in Washington I need a voice alone. I cannot tell them to let me speak alone. I need you to stand behind me to allow me the basic freedom to tell these people where to stick their corruption of our system.

There is a glass wall between you and your representatives. This glass wall prevents you the people of this great nation from affecting change in this country. This is not a glass ceiling because these people we elect into office are no better than you or me. Without us they would be nothing, without us the voters they would never be in office to begin with. We the people should have Obama’s blackberry number. The damn thing should blow up in his hand with our views. This is a government that is supposed to be by the people and for the people not by the elite and for the elite.

We the people run this country and it is damn time for those in Washington to remember it. We the people elect them, and it is damn time they know why.

Stand with me What U KNO and let’s take those in Washington who think they are better than us down a peg. Humility is a great teacher. It is time for our lawmakers to learn a lesson in humility.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join