It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS=AOL?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What is the deal with this board becoming more and more like every other generic message board out there? Completely social.

Didn't ATS gain popularity as an Conspiracy Theory discussion board? Now you open it up and you are more likely to see a joke or pun or general chit chat than anything of actual substance. No longer can you talk about anything drug-related, and if you are to rude in a reply you get reprimanded.

What the hell happened.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
and the ATS issues thread is where?

ah yes....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

read on...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I get you on the ATS Issue thread, however, this is not a complaint about a true issue with ATS. It is an issue with the underlying topics at hand these days.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

ok..i get the direction you are going here.
in my opinion..many conspiracy theories have been analyzed to death, to the point of redundancy.
it's difficult to find new angles on old stories, or link new stories to old theories.
it's not impossible...but getting harder to come up with something tangible versus speculative nonsense that belongs only in skunkworks.

face it, ATS is also a social networking site and that factor is a major component in keeping members and attracting new ones.
you have to throw a bit of fun into it, especially when everything in the world today is such a downer.
i honestly do not see the need to discuss anything drug related, here or elsewhere.
we know it exists, we know it's a problem..yadda,,yadda...but nothing new with that.
enough said.

top topics

join