It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq and their suicide bombers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

[Edited on 2-2-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"(Reuters) - Iraq will launch thousands of suicide attackers against American troops if the United States invades, Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan told German magazine Der Spiegel on Saturday. "We are looking forward to the time when they have finished with air bombardments and send in ground troops against us. They will come up against very hard resistance everywhere," Ramadan told the weekly magazine. More... "

Yes, I remember how gallantly the Iraqi soldiers fought during Gulf War I. I expect Their spirit and morale will be up to the same level for Gulf War Part Deux.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If they survive the cruse missile and smart bombs...?

Duh and double duh....same BS brave talk that's coming from Saddam's mouth echoed by those that he's controlling. Sounds like the blind are willing to follow their blind leader. Who knows, maybe a 9mm was held to their head or they are stupified by hash hish fantasies. Maybe they were promised a private oasis to retire to?

Iraq doesn't stand a snowball's chance of resisting the alliance that's arrayed against them.....pleeeeze!

I hope this issue is resolved with as little lose of life as possible. But I fear that many people may die. Who's fault is that? An American President that's obsessed with stealing Iraqi oil, or a pathological dicatator who cares nothing for innocent lives being lost in his own quest to remain in power?

Remember that Saddam stated this week that his first line of denfense are the desert sheperds - what chance do they have against A1 Abrahams and trained troops?

Saddam's totally nutz and any fool hardly Iraqi citizen that's willing to follow him, may well face the same fate.

The only fools bigger that Saddam are those willing to believe his lies!

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Iraq was half hearted, at best, in their move against Kuwait. Remember, it was not a Hitler/Poland scenario, but a dispute over a shared boarder property.
A foot either way between your neighbor's and your property.....you're not going to kill him over. Your neighbor kicks in your front door and starts slashing at your family & belongings.....you'll fight him till one of you stops twitching.
Every general has said that same such thing; it's the Card/Rove/Cheney/Bush chickenhawks who are doing the cock-O-the-Walk strut and understating the resolve that Iraqi force will bring in a door to door urban setting.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
sorry had to change link for some reason yahoo changed address

new topics

top topics

join