It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liddy asks execs to give back half

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"It was distasteful to make these payments," Liddy told members of the House Financial Services subcommittee. "This morning, I've asked the employees of AIG Financial Products to step up and do the right thing. Specifically, I've asked those who received retention payments in excess of $100,000 or more to return at least half of those payments."

money.cnn.com...

Good read looks like there is some shadyness with regards to the timelines that Geithner found out about the bonuses.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I equate this to somebody making you give back half of your pay check. No matter how much money it is, it is still half of the pay check. Shame on the people responsible for asking people to give up their pay check.!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is great, so maybe the country will get back less than 0.5% of the money AIG received from our wallets. It's really good to see the people in charge doing their job and fixing our problems, I would hate to think what it would be like if they were all corrupt and the billions in bail out money really just when down the toilette.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Let them fail. No bonuses.

The artificial "free market" will crash no matter what.

Pumping up the debt higher to help these crooks pay for their bloated lifestyle built on fiat money will only hurt the rest of us more in the end.

The crash is coming no matter what. Printing more money and handing it to the corrupt simply prolongs the pain and endgame damage.

Hyperinflation here we come.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Maybe we should ask all (Dem, Rep & Ind.) the politicians who recieved campaign donations from AIG to reuturn those donations immediately.

new topics

top topics

join