It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no more ufos the topic is lame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
first off I believe in the ufo phenomenon, but at this point the whole topic is boring. if i have to look at one more video of "AMAZING FOOTAGE" revealing crappy camera work filming basicly nothing im throwing in the towel!!!!! until some thing of some concrete signifigance happens i say put it on the back burner. and dont get me started on chanellers talking to aliens.. lol .So until a ship or alien appears everyone should find something more productive to do.. learn a skill or something. And i hate to break it to all the "researchers" out there (you know who you are) googling on the net for highly questionable "documents does not make you a legitimate researcher.... give me a break...lol i love you all and im not saying youre an idiot for believing but i think at this point in the game we should have had developed some maturity and not run around like kids stricken with ADD over new evidence that does nothing in proving anything. So at this point lets stop trying to pass off worthless footage as the smoking gun.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If we are indeed being visited by extraterrestrials, then it's the most important discovery in human history, and requires, IMO, more research and investigation. And I'm sorry that you've given up.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
99 percent of the videos presented are hosted over at YouTube. Only very recently are they starting to be hosted at ATS's media portal.

In any case, yes some are just to put out the author's music or show off their CG abilities and font graphics abilities with their new found video software editing toy.

But there are some very good ones as well.

You just have to spot the good stuff from the obvious garbage.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You have to know what to look for. I actually avoid most of the new UFO video threads unless there are a high amount of flags, which would indicate that it is at least something impressive.

I only look for what I call "real" sightings, sightings where multiple separate people in the area all saw the same thing and there is video or pictures to go along.

Right now I am reading Richard Dolan's book UFOs: National Security State and there are countless cases presented there of military personnel reporting flying saucers, all officially documented with the government and military. The evidence that the U.S. government and military has alone is overwhelming. Something of a higher intelligence/technology has definitely been flying around here all this time, we have just yet to get that one smoking gun case, but who knows, it could happen tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 8bitbreakfast

I think where you are at in the stage of the game is different than where a lot of others are at. I have heard people say the same thing before, then they disappear for a couple years and the next thing you know they're back and they have a book to sale about what they denounced in the first place. Not saying this is you, I am only saying that maybe you have all the information you need to come to your own decision about what is going on. However, there are others who have just started to wake up, and others still who have been awake and are still trying to get to their definitive point. There are those who are not close to waking up that just want to respond to the UFO nuts and debunk what they say or believe. All I am saying is it may be wrong to tell everyone to stop looking for knowledge when it is obvious that everyone is on different pages.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
As an ATS member I accept personal responsibility for what forums/threads I chose visit. There are some I specifically stay away from for a myrid of reasons.

What may not be of interest to me however, could be the main reason a fellow member visits ATS. Who am I to judge them or their interest?

ATS is a big place. Lot's of interesting jewels to be uncovered deep in the archives. No matter your interest you can burn a few hours here a day and not once have to visit a thread that makes you roll your eyes or causes you duress. The search function is my friend.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I sort of see your point....despite the lack of paragraphs and punctuation, but you are completely off the mark by calling people immature and not legitimate researchers.

I realise that someone doing research on a topic is not considered proffesional by other proffesional researchers, but its a bit uncalled for to poke fun at people that really put effort into looking for information on the case. In fact, ATS has an entire forum dedicated to research (thats how you get the scholar title), and some of the information ATS'ers have found is quite impressive.

Also why dont you go learn a skill instead of bagging out people trying to make a difference.....your writing skills sure could use some work

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I doubt seriously if you are going to see too many people putting their video footage of UFO's on ATS; especially since the video footage of the UFO would automatically become the property of ATS.

By putting such videos on YouTube, the person that took the video still owns the rights to the video. But if you put it here on ATS, and it was your video, well then you just automatically gave up all of your rights to the video the moment you put it on ATS. It is no longer your video, it is ATS's.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Its not a matter of giving up its that the topic hasnt progressed since i started geting into it when i was like 7 and im almost 29... its the same ol debate. as for researching it.. whats there to research? piles of hear say evidence and poor quality videos... and lets try to count all the people trying to push their books and scams. I think the idea of ufos and aliens is a valid one and what im saying is its at a dead end as far as the evidence goes and its boring and not until the next step of actual full out contact happens its up there with crystal power

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
lol oz who cares about my lack of punctuation and pargraphs im also a bad speller.. who cares .. stay on topic

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
When you first realize UFO's might be real it's very exiting and everything seems good proof of their existance. You start thinking "Wow this might be real , I cant believe it" But after a while you start to get numb to the whole subject and thinking about aliens and ufos doesn't make you exited as it once did. People want more and more proof , and even then it's still not enough because it's someone elses evidence. That's when people turn Skeptic and everything looks fake. I guess it all comes down to your own personal belief. No one can tell you they are real.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yeah...whatever.
You can include me in those boring ufo type posters,but also you might loose some interesting stuff in the future if you start discrediting people that have luck to catch something interesting.

I got this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...' ,going on and i tell you,next time i'll be keeping it to myself!!!!
Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitbreakfast
first off I believe in the ufo phenomenon, but at this point the whole topic is boring. if i have to look at one more video of "AMAZING FOOTAGE" revealing crappy camera work filming basicly nothing im throwing in the towel!!!!!

See you later alligator!

Unfortunately UFOlogy is fraught with people of low self esteem trying to make a name for themselves on YouTube. Hoaxers are in greater quantities now than those sharing real experiences.

It's your job (if you take this seriously) to pay little attention and expend little energy on the fantasy prone "I want attention" types on this board and around the internet.

I can understand why you're getting so miffed. I get upset sometimes too but inevitably, I want to be there when/if the big story hits. Just be more selective of the threads you enter. If you think the stupidity is going to upset you, then fore go the option of entering that particular thread. Get to know the right people on the board and they will steer you toward the good information.

IRM

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
people seem to be missing the point.. i already said i believe.. i totally believe. And from the sound of it some of you dont realize the topic is discussed OUT SIDE of ats as well...Im just talking about the same old tired proof... the topic is just stale.. and thats the bottom line.. and until THAT day of disclosure its going to continue to be unsatisfying. And oz people googling...sorry "researching" aliens all day online arent making a difference.. people feeding others , teachers, doctors.... they make a difference.. and stop being so sensitive. if my opinion of online alien researchers and my lack of paragraphs gets you all worked whats going to happen when you face real a trial in life? youre going to have a melt down
/ . / ,,. ,./,//,.,/,.,/./???>?>!. heres some punctuation for you put it where ever you want

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
itsnot about being miffed... ive been reading this site for along time and signed up...im not sure when but if look at my ATSpoints compared to the people with 389743892749372473247387 points you can tell im really not that invested.. its a topic of interest and when i have some free time i indulge.. the mods put it in the rant section when its not even really meant to be a rant as much as a reality check. im just stating something thats clear and the reason why everyone cries about disclosure we all want it because we know something crazy is going on and most are tired of the crumbs of truth about the subject. its not about not believing or more evidence for more belief its just the topic is boring because you know the reality is bigger then the revelation currently given

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
i also find it funny how sensitive people are on this site. this whole site about being open minded and sharing opinions and every board is the same thing.. some one says something and everyone gets all butt hurt and whiny...lol come on... really? ... you guys seriously need to relax.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Huh ? I thought people were just stating different opinions? if you don't like the site don't post on here , LOL. It's pretty basic.
Maybe you're just a really miserable person. Don't worry one day you'll calm down and come to your senses.

Have a good day

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 8bitbreakfast

It's not about being miffed... I've been reading this site for along time and signed up... I'm not sure when but if look at my ATS points compared to the people with 389743892749372473247387 points, you can tell I'm really not that invested.

Oh but you are invested! Enough to start a thread on it, and to bring up those very issues!

I also find it funny how sensitive people are on this site. This whole site is about being open minded and sharing opinions, and every board is the same thing... Some one says something and everyone gets all butt hurt and whiny... lol! Come on... Really? ... You guys seriously need to relax.

Respectfully, whining about whiny people is like

"The Pot Calling The Kettle Black!"

IRM :shk:

[edit on 16/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

top topics

join