It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"He is going to die of pneumonia"-dream prediction of grandpa's death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ok I had a dream that seems to be a prediction of my grandpa's death. There is a real life situation that is adding to this making me wonder if it is really going to happen.

Here is what happened in my dream.

I was in a smal dark room. I am looking for a light switch and I never find one. A door on the opposite side of the room opens up and a dark figure walks in and stands in the far corner of the room. I could not tell who it was.

I could see they were looking at me thoug, or atleast in my direction... Suddenly a picture of my Grandfather flashed in my head. Then I heard a male voice speak the words 'He is going to die of pneumonia"

Then the dark figure turned around and walked out of the room.

Now that is the whole dream. but I am wondering if perhaps it might be true.

My dad called me the next day. My grandpa is 90 years old and is now blind. My dad asked me to take him to drive him to a dentist appointment. Now when I went to pick up my grandpa I learn that he has a cold!

So I am wondering, is his cold going to turn into pneumonia and kill him?

For what it is worth, I wanted to share with you my dream, I hope I am wrong. Hopefully he wont be dying anytime soon but if he does I will post back here and let you all know what he died from.

So, like I said, That is my dream, I hope it doesnt come true, but whether it does or does not, I will let you guys know.

I am curious,has anyone else ever had dreams predicting some ones death that HAS come true?

[edit on 15-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
How this is so, I don't know. What I do know is that time isn't quite as concrete as we would like to believe, but fate sometimes is. Dreams are a place where it seems possible to step outside the flow of time and often by chance get a peek at something that lies ahead.

While I haven't had a dream of someone dying that's come true, I have had many dreams that have depicting other things. Mostly rather trivial by general standards, and always applying specifically to me. What's most interesting to me is that the dreams weren't simply just depictions of true events, but a mixture of truth, symbolism and some partial truths, for lack of a better term.

What this means for you is hard to say. The fact is you won't know until something does or doesn't happen. The best I would tell you is to try not to let it worry you, but you'd probably feel best keeping an eye on your grandfather's health in the immediate future. Some might say there's a reason you know, perhaps there is, but it might not be the reason most assume which is to prevent the course. I can tell you from my own experience that my resistance to certain events didn't stop them from happening.

All the best to you and your family.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

What this means for you is hard to say. The fact is you won't know until something does or doesn't happen. The best I would tell you is to try not to let it worry you, but you'd probably feel best keeping an eye on your grandfather's health in the immediate future. Some might say there's a reason you know, perhaps there is, but it might not be the reason most assume which is to prevent the course. I can tell you from my own experience that my resistance to certain events didn't stop them from happening.

All the best to you and your family.

Thanks for resonding first of all, I havent checked this thread in a little while and just now realized you posted.

I am not too worried about this one, because I have had death dreams that seemed to be predicting others death before but they didnt come true. What was different about this one is the fact that he has a cold in real life now. That is what made me think....hmmm, is there mabye something to this dream?

I am hesistant to tell my grandfather about this not only because it it would bother him if I told him I thought he may die of pneumonia but also he doesnt believe in all this kind of stuff. He doesnt think this stuff (meaning all paranormal events) are real. He thinks people who by into this stuff are crazy. So I am hesitant to tell him because he would not believe me...

I told my dad yesterday, and he believed I had the dream but he does not believe that there is anything real to it. I must say I hope he is right, but I am not too worried. I am not very close to my grandpa.

I really would not know how to prevent something like this and as you said in your experience trying to avoid it has always been unsuccessful.

I have been trying to get him to go to a doctor for his cold, but he refuses saying, "it is just a cold, there is nothing you can do for a cold".

Hopefully this isnt the beginning of some new "ability" This is kind of frustrating.:w:

Peace and love

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ok just a quick update.

My grandpa is still ok. His cold is mabye a tad worse but but that is it.

Oh, and I think I may have caught his cold

Oh well.

I will keep you you all (if anyone is watching.....:stfu
updated.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I almost forgot to update this thread, so I aplogize to anyone who may have been following it. Although I doubt anyone was.

I am pleased to report that my Grandfather got over his cold just fine. He never devoloped Pneumonia or anything, and he is still alive and kicking.

On an interesting side not, My Uncle, who is the eldest son of my grandfather, and shares the exact same name as him, has come down with Pneumonia, although he is in the process of getting over it.

I feel that is more of a coincidence though, I think it is only right to consider this dream that seemed to predict my grandfathers death, false, or at the very least, just a plain old dream.

Peace and love

GST

[edit on 5-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

new topics

top topics

join