It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeological Field School opportunities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Since summer is coming up and everyone has some free time (ha!), I thought I'd post a few of these. For those of you interested in old civilizations and history and things archaeological, there are a number of organizations that offer field schools where you go out and do real work on a real dig with archaeologists. I'm trying to get to one myself this summer.

Tasks are set up so that almost anyone can participate. They need diggers and dirt haulers -- but they also need folks to help with surveying, with recording artifacts, with cleaning artifacts, and so on and so forth.

Some organizations (like Texas Archaeological Society) have a fee for the dig, but others (like the Forestry service) are free. Although I've only listed the US one, these are available around the world... usually through a local society or a museum or university.

Many of them welcome families, children ... people of any age and in almost any physical condition. So if you're interested in archaeology and want an unusual vacation or an interesting experience, check out a local field school.

US Forestry service
www.passportintime.com...

join