It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abusing the Shop Assistant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm sooo sick of all these stupid people coming into where i work and blaming me if something isn't in stock, or i don't have their size, UM EXCUSE ME! It is not my fault if the stockist hasn't delivered it, or [snip]!! Lose some weight!!! Bah so over it,

A message to all: Please be kind to shop assistants, you never know who's a psycho in waiting

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

I totally get what you mean! Why are people so annoying?

It goes both ways tho, some annoing shop assistant are around too!

:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
lol omg tell me about it. I was working at macca's once and this lady was yelling at me cause her kids ice cream had melted???? I told her to # off and never come back. Thank god my manager was cool lol, she said "good on you" and laughed.

Cherry

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I hear ya, I work front counter and have heard it all.

Whats taking so long? -- I dunno, I'm not packing your order.
How long will it take?--- I dunno, I'm not packing your order.
YOU GAVE ME COLD FRIES!--- Actually I just took your order, that's it.
:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yeh I understand what you mean. We already had a bit of rant over on ATS which began with someones complaints about how customers were so abusive if something was a out of stock, pepperoni pizza pockets I do believe it was.
abovetopsecret.com

Try reading through it if you want

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
No offense but with those attitudes it is no wonder.

I hear ya, I work front counter and have heard it all.

Whats taking so long? -- I dunno, I'm not packing your order.
How long will it take?--- I dunno, I'm not packing your order.
YOU GAVE ME COLD FRIES!--- Actually I just took your order, that's it.

You must have a piss poor manager if they let you stand around talking to customers like that. Good heavens.

What's taking so long? --I don't know, but let me find out and see how much longer it is going to take for you.

How long will it take? -- Unless your only working for one day, you should know the answer to that question. I assume your working fast food. Check your employee handbook, the standard operating procedures should say how long it takes. If there are back orders or things are just running crappy. add a few minutes.

You gave me cold fries. --I apologize! Let me talk to the manager and take care of this for you.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I can tell your right now that calming people and explaining the situation to them will earn you far more brownie points then copping an attitude.

If they don't understand why you are out of stock, or whatever the problem may be, they can't read your mind or know how the store works. Their first impression is that the store is unorganized and lazy and badly run.

And not getting them to understand or just getting upset only cements it for them and they leave the store keeping that impression.

I am sorry your upset, our truck delivery didn't show, we just don't have it ma'am. Lie if you have too. But she then knows your just not standing around looking cute. She has her answers, though she doesn't have the item, she still feels waited on.

And it doesn't matter how angry they are. If you don't lose your cool and keep it sweet, they run out of steam pretty fast.

This day and age you want your customers to come back, it is job security.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

And it doesn't matter how angry they are. If you don't lose your cool and keep it sweet, they run out of steam pretty fast.

Also they make a fool out of themselves. While you look like a saint haha.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

There is a hotdog stand in Chicago where the workers are rude to the customers. It is a very popular spot, and those workers will swear much better than any marine TI!

I think every service worker would love to work at a place like that for at least one day a week just to blow off steam.

I had one customer crawl over my counter for some cigarettes. I told her she could not do that (safety) and she yelled: "Are you accusing me of stealing?" She also started to swear at me, and I told her she needed to calm down or leave the store. She then screamed: "Are you threatening to throw me out?" In the meantime, the store manager was in the back laughing his @ss off. I went back there and told him some help he was!

The customer is NOT always right.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Hey I was only joking. These are things I would like to say, especially if the customer is being rude. I happen to be one of the top customer service reps in the region, that's 348 stores in 4 states. I was also featured in a clip in a video that was shown to everyone in the company. I never say these things to my customers. I was just relating to the abuse I take from customers. Come on now. :bnghd:
When you have 4 impatient people in a row yelling at you because one of your co-workers can't keep up, it grinds at you. I'm just the "Shop Assistant".

Edit: I was hit with the video shopper last month, 98%. Booyah!

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Slash]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Oh ok. I thought you said those things. LOL

Hey, I have been in customer service myself. I know how maddening it is.

My very first job was Roy Rogers. I remember trying to get an 8 piece chicken and was tossing them in a box and jubba the hut was yelling at me to hurry up. Finally a coworker blasted him and said: Sir, this is fast food, not instant food. The guy shut up.

But now I really have fun taking complaints for a local gov't agency.

And yes, I know you pay taxes.

guess what, we pay taxes too. Guess I am my own boss.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Slash

I remember trying to get an 8 piece chicken and was tossing them in a box and jubba the hut was yelling at me to hurry up. Finally a coworker blasted him and said: Sir, this is fast food, not instant food. The guy shut up.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

LOL I gotta remember that one.

I'm always polite to my customers, hell without them I wouldn't have a job at all. And considering the situation I'm in now, I need that job.

top topics

join