It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you belive in healing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why do you belive in healing?

please eksplain me why you think healing is real, i dont get it.

Dont give me links i want appinions.

I dont want eksamples.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well, I can't tell you something you don't want to hear (you seem to be suggesting that anything we do say is pants...but I'll explain anyway).

Healing envolves getting whoever is going to be healed to relax, and by using your energy (ok this is hard to explain, you'd be better off talking to a healer for this) you can heal the wound or take away pain; if you know what your doing it really does work.
My Mum's a healer, she trained, but she has natural talent in the field.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Do you mean healing yourself or others? You might want to check out the Stigmata thread in BTS religion. I am sure that you are familiar with the term psychosomatic ailments? This is when one is so depressed or believes themselves to be sick that they actually unconsciously lower the defensive qualities of his/her physiology and because of which actually make themselves more suseptable to colds, flus, ilnesses. Now if we can unconciously control our own system to lower its defenses, then would it not be equally possible to internally raise those defenses as well?

Here is another view of the same idea. A person is diagnosed with cancer. Now this person is completely into the idea of a caring god and that they are worthwhile as an individual. The peron prays and prays and prays with a positive additude that their god will save them and the cancer goes into remission. I have heard of it happening. Some call this a miracle, but could it not also be a positive thinking affecting physical funtioning?

The third way to look at it is the positive and negative energy that we surround ourselves with because of our out looks on life, but there isn't a lot of evidence to support this theory.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
Well, I can't tell you something you don't want to hear (you seem to be suggesting that anything we do say is pants...but I'll explain anyway).

Healing envolves getting whoever is going to be healed to relax, and by using your energy (ok this is hard to explain, you'd be better off talking to a healer for this) you can heal the wound or take away pain; if you know what your doing it really does work.
My Mum's a healer, she trained, but she has natural talent in the field.

i just want peoples appinion....

i know 1 healer so i know what it is

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Healing involves a massive collection of white blood cells gathered together at the site of injury or disease, and doing their job by repairing or replacing damaged or dead cells. I'm all for it... It happens pretty often, I've actually seen it on occasion, so you got a believer here! The trouble with it, though, is that sometimes it doesn't work, you know, it's not a foolproof scheme. Sometimes, in certain instances, such as your leg hanging from your torso by a flap of skin, it proves innefective. In other, not uncommon cases, the healing process fails catastrophically, and you die. Nobody's perfect.

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have witnessed healing, so I'm forced to believe in it. However, I haven't seen a "healer" but rather it done through prayer.

My mom finally came to church with my father and I several months ago. She went in an unbeliever. She came into a prayer line. When she came out of it, her knee, which had hurt her for over 20 years almost to the point of crippleing her, was completely healed.
She came to Christ that day

I personally had a tooth infection while I was unemployed, and I couldn't afford to go to a dentist. Terribly painful. One night, I lay my hand on my jaw, and uttered a prayer. Almost immediatelly the pain subsided, and when I woke up in the morning, the infection was completely gone (cavity was still there).

So in short, I don't think you need to have special powers to be able to heal without physical medicine, just faith.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I believe in healing because everything is energy. Energy can be transmitted in various ways, through food and water, through sunlight, through air, through direct physical contact, through emotions and thoughts; and through higher spiritual methods.

Another reason I believe in healing is the fact that the true reality is ONE LIFE of which each person and every other being is a small part. This LIFE is Light and Love and Power. Health is oneness or wholeness, and since we are in the ONE LIFE, we have the Love, Light, and Power to heal.

While the reality is ONE LIFE, the consciousness of people stuck on Earth has not yet expanded to that degree. So we live in earthly illusions, believing ourselves separate beings, and not realizing the pain and ill health that our hatreds and dislikes cause. The need for healing, to reach a consciousness of oneness, is very great in the world today.

Those who are aware of reality are natural healers in much demand. Many, during sleep, go out into the world as helpers and healers wherever there is a vital need. Others, without attracting attention to themselves, quietly heal by their presence. Then there is a whole gamut of practitioners and doctors of holistic medicine, which is a rapidly growing field.

I believe that we all receive healing energies unseen and we could not survive without them. Man/Woman is not island unto itself, but are nodes in a network of spacial energies comprised of beings (stars) of various magnitudes. So, let us thank our brothers and sisters who so help us and never leave us.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Oh my god, you guys have to be kidding, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Oh my god, you guys have to be kidding, right?

Come now! You have been here long enough to know that they are not.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Absolutely!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Come now! You have been here long enough to know that they are not.
Yes, but WHY?!!!

This is the reason my mother and I no longer speak to one another. She keeps saying something about Saturn...

DC

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Delta chaos please dont write at the topics i make you are writing a bunch of crap no body listens to, i dont know if its just for attention or what it is, by the way you are ignored.

thanks for all your appenions

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greys
Delta chaos please dont write at the topics i make you are writing a bunch of crap no body listens to, i dont know if its just for attention or what it is, by the way you are ignored.

thanks for all your appenions

If I inserted my own punctuation where I think you would have if you knew how to use it, I think you are just telling me to not respond to your threads... Is that right?

Well, let me just reiterate the original post for you, and you may then I'll compare it to our motto, which is 'Deny Ignorance'.

You said:

Why do you belive in healing?

please eksplain me why you think healing is real, i dont get it.

Dont give me links i want appinions.

I dont want eksamples.

Now, I don't think I have to point out that there is absolutely no evidence to the healing of which you speak. That is obvious. Another obviosity (hey, if you can make up your own words, so can I) is that you ask for opinions only, and especially not EXAMPLES! Well, that's just convenient, isn't it, considering THERE ARE NO EXAMPLES!!!

So, there, as before, you have from me exactly what you asked for... My opinion. or appenion, or whatever.

Now, I will only ask you to please not tell me where to post and where not to post, because on this thread I feel like i really belong.

Oh, and one more thing...

Deny Ignorance!
DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnweb
I believe in healing because everything is energy. Energy can be transmitted in various ways, through food and water, through sunlight, through air, through direct physical contact, through emotions and thoughts; and through higher spiritual methods.

Another reason I believe in healing is the fact that the true reality is ONE LIFE of which each person and every other being is a small part. This LIFE is Light and Love and Power. Health is oneness or wholeness, and since we are in the ONE LIFE, we have the Love, Light, and Power to heal.

While the reality is ONE LIFE, the consciousness of people stuck on Earth has not yet expanded to that degree. So we live in earthly illusions, believing ourselves separate beings, and not realizing the pain and ill health that our hatreds and dislikes cause. The need for healing, to reach a consciousness of oneness, is very great in the world today.

Those who are aware of reality are natural healers in much demand. Many, during sleep, go out into the world as helpers and healers wherever there is a vital need. Others, without attracting attention to themselves, quietly heal by their presence. Then there is a whole gamut of practitioners and doctors of holistic medicine, which is a rapidly growing field.

I believe that we all receive healing energies unseen and we could not survive without them. Man/Woman is not island unto itself, but are nodes in a network of spacial energies comprised of beings (stars) of various magnitudes. So, let us thank our brothers and sisters who so help us and never leave us.

You are absolutely right. Props for spreading truth!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
One time, I fell and got a boo boo on my knee, then it healed

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtnweb

No, it can't. If it could be transferred through emotions, thoughts and 'higher spiritual methods', we would either be able to measure this with our scientific equipment or we would see some sort of violation of conservation of energy. This has not been observed. No energy as defined in the terms of physics is transmitted.

Healing is a complex process, but can always be explained by biology. Prayer and psychic healing may influence one by placebo effect or suggestion, but it doesn't any healing itself. Our body, influenced by your mind and helped by modern medicine, does all the healing. I would like to see psychic healing cure an easily tangible illness like a punctured lung or carbonmonoxide poisoning.

new topics

top topics

join