It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian strategic bombers could use Cuba airfields

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Russian strategic bombers could use Cuba airfields

www.cnn.com

MOSCOW, Russia (CNN) -- Russia expressed interest in using Cuban airfields during patrol missions of its strategic bombers, Russia's Interfax news agency reported

"There are four or five airfields in Cuba with 4,000-meter-long runways, which absolutely suit us," Maj. Gen. Anatoly Zhikharev told Interfax.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.google.com
www.thenational.ae
www.google.com

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Looks like Russia may move into the Caribbean again, this may be a bit of a problem for the new administration. I guess when Hillary gave the Russians that reset button they took it literally.

"A Russian Air Force chief said Saturday that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has offered an island as a temporary base for strategic Russian bombers, the Interfax news agency reported."

I see that there is scope for more bases and alliances in the area, wonder what the Russians are up to. My gut tells me that this is fall out over the missile shield and Russia are saying two can play at that game.

What are other peoples thoughts?

After seeing the Obama video and what the New World order is supposedly trying to do with Russia, this may be their response to all of that.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hugo Chaves Offers His Country As Base For Russian Long-Range Bombers
Looks like Chaves is offering a entire island to them for a permanent base for long range bombers. So Hillary has got some work to do or will go through another major threat like we did in the cuban missle crisis. They say we almost had all out nuclear war then.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Oh My! Oh My! What is our Dear Leader going to do now? Unfortunately for the US Mr. 0Bama is proving to be weak and clueless. World leaders are sensing this weakness and are going to exploit it BIG TIME.

Many voters in the US don't understand that world leaders could care less whether a President has an 'R' or a 'D' after his name. Those leaders (most of whom are very tough customers) are going to evaluate the PERSON and try to use anything they can against him (or her.)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Meh, it really does not matter and its all politcal grandtanding. If the US is going to put ships in the Black Sea then the Soviets will move thier bear bombers back and forth.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Meh, it really does not matter and its all politcal grandtanding. If the US is going to put ships in the Black Sea then the Soviets will move thier bear bombers back and forth.

Yup,

It all depends on what you can see, you see...
After all, there are no submarines in this particular strategic picture...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I presume none of you minded when America was able to use the UK mainland as a runway for American planes? I don't see why this is any different.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This would be considered by the US government an aggressive act that would call for retaliation. If they do it get ready for WW III. Don't you remember the Cuban missile crisis
Maybe you guys should read the Monroe Doctrine.

The Monroe Doctrine is a United States policy introduced on December 2, 1823, which said that further efforts by European governments to colonize land or interfere with states in the Americas would be viewed by the United States of America as acts of aggression requiring US intervention.[1] President of the United States James Monroe first stated the doctrine during his seventh annual State of the Union Address to Congress. It became a defining moment in the foreign policy of the United States and one of its longest-standing tenets, invoked by U.S. presidents, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, John F. Kennedy, and others.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I don't see why the US would consider this an agressive act . Afterall, they are always telling Russia that a missile shield in Poland is nothing to worry about and is merely there as a defence against possible missile strikes from Iran . Similarly, any Russian presence in Cuba or South America should not be seen as a threat . The Russians are only there to stop any possible missile strikes coming from Jamaica .

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
I don't see why the US would consider this an agressive act . Afterall, they are always telling Russia that a missile shield in Poland is nothing to worry about and is merely there as a defence against possible missile strikes from Iran . Similarly, any Russian presence in Cuba or South America should not be seen as a threat . The Russians are only there to stop any possible missile strikes coming from Jamaica .

It's because the world has to play by 'American rules'. It's different when America do it. It's a case of 'do as I say, not as I do'.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Removed

Removed

Removed

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Indianapolis]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Previously Posted Here:

Report: Russia may base bombers in Cuba

Please post in the ongoing discussion..

Closing