It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Hamas: "There will be 100 reprisals"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Tens of thousands of mourners grieve for the killed hamas leader as Gaza becomes a boiling cauldron of anger calling for swift and far-reaching revenge. The assassination by missile of the new Hamas leader Abdel Aziz Rantisi has united previously uncooperative Palestinian factions to rally their anger around two foes, Israel and America.

www.thestar.com As Rantisi's body, broken and uncovered, was carried by a cortege of mourners several blocks long, a sea of hands reached toward it, straining for a touch of the dead man's whiskered face. Watching the procession go by, one man hissed: "The smell of America seeps from his body." Rantisi's younger brother pointed out that Hamas and it's intifada is more than one person, "it is a movement", but that the loss of leadership will be a blow. More... Hamas threatens revenge on Israel Hamas appoints leader in secret Hamas vowing 'volcano of revenge' [Edited on 19-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord] [Edited on 4-22-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am questioning Hamas and its ability to strike with the promised fury. They seem to be late for Sheik Yassin.....

Maybe IDF's barbaric tactics are paying off....

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
How is assassinating the leader of a group that targets schoolbuses "Barbaric"?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I wasn't refering to the anihilation of Hamas leaders as their only tactic. That tactic in a sense is barbaric and stupid on the long run, I think.

I DO think blowing up busses is barbaric, and stupid too.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The IDF has taken the first steps toward a united Arab community.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
killing leaders of such organisations like hamas has no effect on their ability to carry out their bombings, etc.
as long as parts of the population are willing to give up their lives to take other s...these killings and chaos will carry on. the motivation for such attacks has to be eliminated. that is the only way these kind of actions can be avoided. by killing their leaders...the only result is that further motivation is provided.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew321
The IDF has taken the first steps toward a united Arab community.

Please, please, please don't ever say that again. It's ignorant, and bottom line, it's WRONG.

The IDF is the oppressment in the middle east, and there is no way in heaven or on earth that the middle east will become united with the shadow of the IDF looming over.

Basically, the PLO represents the lower class (Vast majority) of palestinians in the Gaza strip, and it even represents what could be called a mindset in the middle east. They are fighting a war very similar to what china was fighting near the time of the Opium wars, which is a battle for their very essence, or identity.

They feel, with some justification, that their individuality, and uniqueness, and culture is being stripped away along with the land they live on. It's sad, but that's just the way it is.

Now, while we as neo-imperialist capitalist americans can see the IDF as a good thing, the vast majority of the Arabian culture in general sees it as an extension of American power in the middle east, and I must say, that I agree with them.

-Loki

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Isreal is going way over the top. first they kill one leader then kill his replacement within three weeks.
This is the true Isreali spirit. They have caused so much # in the past, now they are blatantly doing it in public because they know now that America is involved in the War on Terrorism. Isreal is flagrantly pissing in the face of international law just like America. You should ALL do research on the first terrorists in the Middle East. It wasnt *EDITED RACIAL SLUR*, it was Zionist Jews planting bombs to get the British out of Isreal.The first Isreali Prime Minister was a former terrorist. Sharon was a war criminal.Thats documented fact. What makes these so called jews blood more precious than muslims? 80% of the *EDITED RACIAL SLUR* in Isreal today arent even REAL #ing Jews anyway!

To think the Jews worry about the Passion of Christ causing Jewish hatred!!!

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Please, please, please don't ever say that again. It's ignorant, and bottom line, it's WRONG.

The IDF is the oppressment in the middle east, and there is no way in heaven or on earth that the middle east will become united with the shadow of the IDF looming over.

Basically, the PLO represents the lower class (Vast majority) of palestinians in the Gaza strip, and it even represents what could be called a mindset in the middle east. They are fighting a war very similar to what china was fighting near the time of the Opium wars, which is a battle for their very essence, or identity.

They feel, with some justification, that their individuality, and uniqueness, and culture is being stripped away along with the land they live on. It's sad, but that's just the way it is.

Now, while we as neo-imperialist capitalist americans can see the IDF as a good thing, the vast majority of the Arabian culture in general sees it as an extension of American power in the middle east, and I must say, that I agree with them.

-Loki

I hope that I am wrong, I don't see the IDF as a good thing, they are wrong through and through. But I do see them doing what Saddam couldn't do during the Gulf War. The simlple act of a few PLO organizations banding together against a common enemy has the potential to grow. And now that US has backed Isreal in extending it's boarders, it's only a matter ot time before Isreal will claim more land. It's happened before. Things are not looking good for all parties invovled.

-Drew

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
With the last two leaders of Hamas being removed, Hamas has issued threat after threat. Has this amounted to a dog that is "all bark and no bite"?
Perhaps, perhaps not, but its looking that way:
Hamas ready to cooperate, but only in Gaza

Behind the cries for revenge, power sharing talks go on.....
Hamas said yesterday that it would stop attacking Israeli targets from Gaza if Ariel Sharon carried out his proposed withdrawal from the strip.

But as par for Hamas, they left themselves a 'loop-hole':

But it maintained its right to fight against Israeli occupation of the West Bank and retaliate for the assassination of its leaders.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Israel and the surrounding nations are all rife with extremism, which leads to grisly and disturbing actions by those who are both "enemies" and allies of the United States. That the US has decided to continually back Israel in the first place, despite Israel's own extremism, shows a lack of big picture thinking in administration after administration.

When you take the side of one extremist, you're going to piss off their opposition. The US hasn't done nearly enough to rein in our so-called allies in Israel to really keep the peace and look for a truly peaceful solution to the problems there. Add to that the war against Iraq and threats, implied or otherwise, against Iran and other nations in the region, and you can see why Americans are so well-loved there.

new topics

top topics

join