It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A step closer to reading the mind...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Check this out:

Scientists say for the first time they have understood someone's thoughts by looking at what their brain is doing.

However, all you paranoids, don't freak out yet!

"It would be very easy not to co-operate, and then it wouldn't work," said Demis Hassabis, who developed the computer programme to read the data. "These kind of scenarios would require a great technological leap."

So while they can't exactly shoot a ray gun at our head and read our thoughts, it is scientifically possible to read minds with technology in the future! I thought this was amazing and that's why I posted it!

Source

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting article, and scary. They may not be able to read our minds yet, but it's only a matter of time before they can.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

People CAN read minds.
I am reading yours right now...you are thinking of boobies!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The main application will be in justice i.e. lie detection.
The most interesting application is to prove that the accused are innocent, rather than guilty. This way you get around all the civil liberty stuff.

Some will argue that the innocent may be convicted because they refused a test. I say maybe; but does anyone seriously believe that these errors in human justice should continue to deny the freedom of otherwise innocent people (even occasionally send them to the chair)?

Frankly I think if you are accussed of a crime you should be allowed to subject yourself to anything that proves you are innocent.
Bye, bye lawyers (you very expensive little....)

top topics

join