It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I confirm a sighting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Nearly 12 months ago, I saw the first and 2nd of a total of 3 sightings (that I've ever seen).
I even posted on ATS the main details - location, distance, appearance, height (guessed) direction, timing, etc. The same as I put on the Mufon report form.
I only reported the second, sighting, as I guess I never really believed in my mind the 1st one! But when I checked to see if my report sucessfully made the Mufon register, I saw a very similar (the same object my feeling was) report from a lady approx 8-10miles north of me, 2 days prior (I'm in the UK by the way)

On ATS I managed to squeeze a few more sentences in, how I instinctiviely felt, etc.

Anyway, does anyone know how I could follow up and get some closure on what I saw. Deep down, I'm pretty sure I saw whatever it was leave the atmosphere. It would be great to see confirmation on a radar log , or something!

The 3rd sighting, if you were wondering, I tried videoing (crappy vhs camcorder, at night time, in 2008!) I'd had a drink but I wasn't wasted or anything near. Something just about made it onto tape, but with the distance, the fact it was 11pm and the moon was near the area I tried to film, it is almost a joke to watch.
It became more interesting to me, when several stories came out about ufos over the Severn Estuary and Bristol area - I was watching the Bristol area from across the estuary and these red lights were slowly drifting across and around in circles - for maybe up to 7 mins. then nothing, for 5 - 10 mins, then the same again. This for maybe an hour or more that I saw.
Sometimes Hot air balloons launch over Bristol, so I kind of dismissed that evening. The distance made it difficult to decide what I was watching.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The only closure you are going to get out of this, is your own feeling and your own conclusions.

You would be hard pressed to find a "radar log" for such an event, or any event for that matter.

If you feel sure of what you saw, then stick by your guns. You don't really need us to say "yes it was a UFO you saw", for none here will be able to answer that question for you.

Just keep looking up.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Dude you need to buy a camera and keep it on you.
I have had a few sightings as well but until I get something on cam then I will not be telling a whole lot of people if you know what i mean.
Always carry a camera!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Your'e right. a camera is a useful tool - you open up a debate of what camera to use then.
As for purpose to show and 'prove' to others , well as seen frequently on ATS, it is not that straight foward, eh!

I'm quite sure what I saw and of what I felt I saw on the first 2 occasions.
The 3rd occasion, well that was strange.

I fail to see the reason for MUFON existing,when dozens of people like myself look to the stars and to them to corroborate events. In light of the UK, france, Italy and other nations 'coming clean' on their UFO files. Why then could I or a staff member of Mufon not find out more. I can narrow it down to about 2mins accuracy, 2 miles accuracy and probably within 15degrees accuracy on the direction of the starship..I mean Ufo.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by matsplat

I just bought nightvision to attach to my camera.I am just waiting til the cold goes away to see what might be there with better optics.
Until then I try not to tell too many people....they tend to think you are nuts.

You are very right,but mufon does have a few good cases.
I am not really sure what to think anymore to be honest but I am still going to try to get a really good and hopefully profound shot if I can.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by DrumsRfun]

join