It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Bombing in Sri Lanka Caught on Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
*Warning, Very Graphic*

A bomb goes off as Sri Lankan Muslim men celebrate a religious holiday in Akuressa. A suicide bomber attacked a gathering of Muslims, killing 10 and critically wounding a government minister.

Full Article & Video Here

The attack appeared to target six government ministers attending the community event, including the country's oil and telecommunications ministers. Unconfirmed reports put the toll higher with claims more than 15 had died.
The ministers injured in yesterday's explosion were part of a large crowd of Muslims celebrating Mawlid, the birthday of the Prophet Mohammed, in Akuressa, a town on the southern tip of Sri Lanka.

Minister of Posts and Telecommunications Mahinda Wijesekara appeared to be the most seriously injured of the ministers and was last night being kept in hospital as doctors decided whether he could be transferred to a hospital in the capital Colombo.

This is just sad ... and disturbing ... it's hard to believe that the suicide bombers think this is their ticket to heaven imo ... Thoughts?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Totally insane. In the fifth picture you can see vaporized people flying in every direction.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Sri Lankans have inflicted heavy casualties on the Tamil Tigers, and unfortunately these occasions are the only chances the poorly equipped Tamil Tigers have to strike back.

This to me is just regular war, not terrorism.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

i agree there are some very interesting pics in here

some are just a little bit too graphic

I think all people should see what they actually are like though ... how unexpected they are and how brutal they can be

[edit on 12-3-2009 by baseball101]

top topics

join