It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COLUMBIA!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Columbia had an Israeli astronaut and she exploded over Palestine and Swath Town, in Texas.

Palestine ?????????????????

Probably " just " another sad coincidence !

by the way there were another 6 american astronauts in there too

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yeah but Americans as soon as we care for our own are "evil biggots who give a rats ass for the rest of the world"...but you're right, the israeli should get only 1/7th the coverage, not 4/5ths.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger

by the way there were another 6 american astronauts in there too

That's why you are so happy, isn't it $tranger ?

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
That's why you are so happy, isn't it $tranger ?

are you crazy? i ain't no happy
i would never get my ass on that old piece of junk!!

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The 2 possible reasons why it happened IMO...

1) The computer or someone screwed up the input data for the re-entry angle, thus putting too much stress/heat on the Shuttle that caused it to break apart.

OR

2) Some loss of heat tiles during the initial launch, thus the lack of shielding during re-entry.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I remember the day The Challenger exlpoded i was running track back in Junior High and the coaches called us all in the their office to watch the explosion, kinda odd that that was the day the president was to give the state of the union and now this happens a few days after the state of the union, and oh yeah $tranger may you soul burn in hell.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A satelite picked up a large heat spike right before this all happened. The satelite is used for finding missile's or bomb's that go off. so we know that it exploded now they just have to figure out how.
P.S. Is stranger some little 12 yr old punk or what.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
$tranger, you�re displaying an incredible lack of class with your comments that disregard human life � whether that life be American or not. Humanistically speaking, all human life is sacred and worthy of respect, especially if killed in a tragedy such as this.

You seem very willing to laugh and throw labels onto others and I can�t help but wonder why. Where does that distain come from? Have you no human compassion at all?

If you choose to carry a chip on your shoulder, so be it � but don�t be too surprised when someone comes along one day and knocks it off. You may well be lucky to be still standing when that happens.

As for me, I grieve the loss of life aboard Columbia and my heart�s condolences go out to the families of those lost.

In a time of deep sadness and reflection,
Deep

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's a shame that these accidents happen and hopefully thats all it was.

Basically Stranger is a nice guy, I have dealt with his explosive angry outburst many times in the chatroom and on ICQ. Sometimes he over reacts and doesn't think before typing in a response. He always apologizes and I forgive him

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger
are you crazy? i ain't no happy
i would never get my ass on that old piece of junk!!

Well I'd get on that "piece of junk" even if it blew up an average of half the time.

Nothing is more important then getting off this rock...like I always say...

"We better blast off this rock before we get blasted off it."

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Oh my god. Just the other day I was looking on cnn.com when I saw a page NASA had did a tribute to the Challenger crew, and I saw all the profiles of the current astronauts. Ahhhhh man, what a horrible tragedy
. I'm sure they fulfilled their dreams by going into space. Sad day...

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yall all are hipocrites. Stanger says somthing about how he is glad. Yea that make me alil disturbed but dand when that E guys trashes Isreal everyone just sits quitetly. How bout we stop trashin stranger and who ever and just focus on the accident.
Hmm I was thinkin it was just an accident till i read the post a min ago about the heat spike on the satalite. Can someone verify that if thats the truth that would make me wonder. Then on the news they were talking about the last radio messages. Housten commented on the shuttles tire pressure and the cockpit answered with roger. they said about 30 sec passedand the last radio transmission happen it consisted of (this is what the news said) "buh" buh bomb maybe?? But i can also see the theory about the heat tiles falling off. I read that was the only barrier that kept the shuttle from disintagrating.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
oh yea to add alil bit more conspiracy guess who is in charge of it as of righ now. Tom Ridge the newly elected homeland security admin. Hmmmm and under him is FEMA(scary) Anyone know he executive order that established Dept. of Homeland Security. Also i dissmiss the idea of a shoulder mounted rocket shooting it down, but wat military aicraft could take it down???Maybe a F-117 its stealth and no radars would have picked it up????????????????

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nasa is lucky that more people didn't die on the ground.. It would have been a sadder event if innocent people were killed.. I know those astronauts knew the risks, but, BOY, it's not a nice way for anyone to be killed.. My heart goes out to their families, in their moment of grief..
God rest their Souls..

Nasa must have a flight path that doesn't go over populated areas. surely??

Oh yeah cut stranger some slack... I think some of you over reacted too (some mods, naming no names in particular).. He has his right to an opinion. And you all have your rights too, but lets not all over react..

[Edited on 1-2-2003 by clive]

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Quick,

Maybe I would lay off isreal if they weren't all a bunch of terrorist. The whole middle east would like nothing more than to see this # happen to us. I find it very odd that something like this would happen ONLY when we are in the middle of a war against terrorist, and are still being atacked. Why the hell they'd let an isreali aboard our shuttle is beyond me though.

And I'm willing to bet my life that they were trying to say bomb.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
CRAP CRAP CRAP

Yes many of you did over react.

I'd like to see everyone be nice to each other

NO MORE NAME CALLING

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
E, Isreal's aren't. Towel heads are. Towel heads strap bombs to themselves and blowup at a bus stop. Not Isreal's.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Prayers to the families of ALL the astronauts.
Now everyone, help me out with this: It is a tragedy, no doubt. But, don't let the craven media whores maximize the hype over this: those kids who died in that Army helicopter crash last Thursday are just as much the hero, they were serving their country. There is no value system we should allow them to place on the dead when we are on the eve of having our young military coming home in body bags. And there is no distraction from the war & economy that 'we should allow by these sources. So, email, call & snail mail the hell out of 'em as soon as you see it taking that track.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
JTL,

The isreali's are just as bad. You think they feel any sorrow for what happened to the american's on board? No. They're all mourning for they're isreali guy only.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ok there just sad about the isreali maybe that could be concivable. But they were also grieving september 11th and i know if I would have left it at that u would have been sayin they were dancin in the streets, no it was the arabs not the Jews. God bigots like u make me soooooooooo mad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join