It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Omg Wtf!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ok so i am sure there are PLENTY of pro/anti-PETA posts out there but i cant contain myself any longer. I received an E-Mail so incredibly idiotic it made my head spin. apparently PETA is angry at Canada (yes all of Canada) because of their practice of hunting seals with clubs. I am here to say... WHO GIVES A F***!!!! No one should care what Canadians do in their own damn country. are these people so incredibly board that this is what they have resorted to in order to entertain themselves? People like this are the reason many other countries view Americans as pompous idiots. here is a link they sent me it should send you right to the post. click on it ans bask in the stupidity.
PETA

prime.peta.org...

[edit on 113131p://4203pm by superevoman]

mod edit: removed all caps title.

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette (review link)

[edit on 18-3-2009 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Peta, but I think that clubbing baby seals to death is disgusting. If you're going to kill something, do it with a quick shot to the head.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Granted, i am by no means advocating seal clubbing

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by superevoman

I belong to a new P.E.T.A. organization.

People who Eat Tasty Animals.

Animals should be treated and eaten ethically.
Their hides should be used ethically to make nice clothing too.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Um... seal clubbing?
That's the Inuit PETA, a VERY small group in the north, not "all" of Canada.
(In Canada the name for Eskimos is Inuit.)

The Inuit are nomadic, they're not just in Canada, they're also in Greenland.

You'll find these people in the upper islands and regions of Nunavut, and Greenland. I believe they used to have settlements in Alaska... and also Russia.

A: We don't intrude on their traditional hunting rights, because we don't intrude on the customs of other cultures... especially the ones who's land we now own.

B: How in heck could we enforce a no seal hunting policy on these tribes even if we wanted to? They're in the upper northern regions... they're adapted to that climate.
Most vehicles can't even survive that climate, and people expect us to patrol it?
For what... natives carrying sticks?

There are an estimated 150,000 Inuit in Canada.
Most of which aren't even traditional anymore and don't participate in seal hunts.
There are over 33 Million people in Canada.

... all of Canada?

lol. Whatever.

If they want to go up there and freeze to death trying to find natives with sticks, by all means.

All of Canada... yeah sure... we all go on vacation to -50C climates because we really enjoy hitting seals with sticks... (sarcasm).

[edit on 11-3-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Stop killing the land fish!!!

Honestly, arnt we all land fish here?

Eat more Sea Kittens.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They still clubbing baby seals?
I thought that went out in the seventies.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by superevoman

I support People Eating Tasty Animals
Sorry Vegans mean no disrespect.

But seriously going outside of our borders is a little much.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
ok before any more uninformed people post about this.

a few FACTS

1) They don't "club" anything

2) they use Hackapicks to kill the seals

3) they don't kill "baby seals" their own cultural customs require them to kill the adults, along with some laws that were passed a long time ago.

4) SEALS ARE WAY OVER POPULATED DUE TO LACK OF PREDATORS AND ARE DESTABILIZING THE ECOSYSTEM IN NORTHERN CANADA AND NEED TO BE CULLED. THERE IS NO REASON AT ALL FOR SEALS TO BE PROTECTED.

5) PETA is a religion

6) Religions generally don't make sense, but are a great way to get alot of irrational people who believe the same thing together and to work together.

7) Seals aren't farmed, they live free

8) All the meat we eat here in canada and the US is from animals that are kept in conditions worse than any slave

9) steak is delicious, but do you know what kind of life the cow went through before you got that steak?

10) I will eat anything and consume anything that isn't human - if it is useful.

11) the Inuit have no other means of economical advancement, and seal body parts are used in medical procedures, as well as seal oil being better than fish oil for the same purposes.. etc etc....

12) the only reason seals are an "issue" is because of hollywood and other political warpers who have NO idea or care about real issues, and just create issues to generate products (celebrities) and other reidiculouslness.

Just a note: The EU and US are being idiots over this. I can't say anymore (haha.... ) But I know the Desk Officers responsible for the Seal file, and I get to hear all about this stuff everyday.

Thanks.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Davood]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The peta people are crazy anyway. We were out riding our motorcycles one day when we heard there was this naked chick in a cage so we went to see and she was all painted up like a cat in a cage and I laughed till they started getting all pissy because well we were all in leather but I guess hells angels heard that too because they came to check it out and we walked off and let them take care of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh God...A mess of Ignorant Replies. :bash:. Or maybe I'm just a Crazy PETA supporter.

new topics

top topics

join