It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Flying Choppers in California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hi! This is my first post ever and if this is in the wrong section, I hope someone will let me know.

Anyway, for the past 11, nearly 12, years I have lived in a decently-sized gated community in California. We live very close to a military base, so having a few of those double-bladed "transport"-like military choppers fly over us was not something out of the ordinary. However, they would always fly at a high altitude, so as to not bother the community I reckon. But never in all the 11 years that I have lived here, have I seen single-bladed choppers that looked like they were geared for combat flying overhead. Flying very close to us, at that! There were two of them. My amateur guess would have to be 150 feet off the ground (however close it was, the boom was nearly deafening if you were to step outside).

While I was in my backyard, I was able to see a couple of my neighbors also standing outside, staring at the choppers. It was definitely not something we're used to.

I really wish I had taken a picture or two, but they woke me up from a nap and I was out of it. All I could think to do was to rush outside to go watch them. They circled our community maybe 6 times. After they were done with us, I thought I heard them off in the distance multiple times.

Anyway, to sum it up, my main point is that I've never seen combat choppers that could have been ready for action (I'm no expert) fly over our heads. But in addition to that, I've never seen them fly so LOW!

Something to know is that there have been more and more choppers passing over our heads in the recent weeks, but I don't think I've seen a set of these before. And they definitely have not flown this low before.

Any ideas as to what this could have been? Thanks!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by badger37

hey welcome to ATS! they were probably just pulling a prank trying to scare you .... just kidding, i have no idea ... very interesting nonetheless ... hopefully some 'experts' will chime in

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
maybe, just maybe, you have some neighbor that is a hottie, and the boys are cruising above, trying to see her in the back yard. maybe in a swimsuit or something else.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
We are in SO CA also - and there has been a steady increase over the last year of low choppers - black and green - and low flying military planes. Sometimes they hang out for hours well into the night.

A friend of mine who use to live in this area about 8 years ago - also commented on the choppers when she came to visit a few months ago. Her exact words were:

"Wow - No wonder this makes you nervous and paranoid -
are they always out here like this?
What are they doing? This would drive me crazy".

[edit on 9-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Did it happen today??
NEways still interesting!! Cause on Sept 10,2001 me and two friends were in my backyard and we had three Army heli's fly over us.Also very low with two guys on each side and their guns exposed.. I, as well as my friends were like WTF is going on?? Early that day about an hour before my friends came over they were on the other side of town and had two fighter planes fly over, also very low... That is why the question bubbled,,,WTF!!! Had theories, But wasn't deffinate till that next morning,,, Then BAM it came.. I knew it was set up.... Why don't others,, IDK I guess they are just scared of those terrorist..

But since you are close to a base I can't say it would mean the same outcome...Who knows though,, A LOT of thing are looking strange..

Peace and LOVE Spread the message not to riot EVERYWHERE U CAN!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
To WwUdNoW: Yeah it happened earlier today. I made the thread probably within 20 minutes of when it happened.

To spinkyboo: I'm glad I'm not the only one that has noticed the increase in choppers. Do you know what kind have been flying over you? A friend of mine suggested that the ones I saw were Cobras. I looked up a picture and they seemed to resemble what I saw.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I read on another website "project camelot" by bill deagle, that we have already had a "false flag" attempt. It was silenced but there was some sort of police/military intervention in california. He was not specific but according to him there was an attempt to cause a panic of some sort? Of course we will never hear of this, but it is interesting....

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I don't know what kind they are.
I'm rather an idiot when it comes to sky flight gear. : )

The ones that disturb me the most are the big green ones -
Definitely military.
Don't see them a lot -
but when I do - they are in groups of 2 or 3.
The others are big and black and very loud.
I'm on the coast -
It's become a constant thing.
Seems like training of some sort to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yesterday morning, I had a helicopter wake me up, flew pretty low over the house. It kept flying, but returned to fly over the mounain behind the house. Might have been a drug copter, or something? it circles the mountain for approx. 15 minutes and disappeared. I live about 15 miles from a national gaurd base, but never see or hear anything from that area. But, i am always paranoid....so i cant help you

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
sorry i also live in Alabama....so really not related I am sure

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just an FYI chopters are not pressurized. So if we are transporting a patient that has breathing issues, we fly as low as possible thats consistent with safety. The military trains to fly way lower than we would ever dream of.

Not saying thats what you are seeing but just more for background information.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

See if you can ident them. Type and markings Also note if they are special ops variants which are usually distinguised by the refuling probe on the nose. You can get an idea of thier range and then .....

Then backtrack to the nearest base and then call thier public affairs office. You would be amazed about how much info you can get .

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I live under a flight path for commercial airliners as they are always flying over my house. Many times in the night though I hear distant helicopters flying around late into the night for 30 minutes at a time.

A year ago when me and my friend were staying after for school, his mother was coming to pick us up. She said she saw a v formation of maybe 5 unmarked helicopters flying very low to the ground. They were super loud as we could hear them in the the school. Too bad I didn't get to see them though :[

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well the one in Bama that flew over had, a bubble looking nose, was like a black and had some writing on the side. And we live in a small town so our city having a helicopter would be HAHAHA at the least. And we are very lucky to see a copter out here. So it was kinda exciting.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think that they have found out about the hottie that lives in your neighborhood and likes to sunbathe topless.

Seriously you would be surprised what can be seen from the sky that people on the ground have no idea about.

Once one flight crew sees it they tell their friends and of course they all have to come look too.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I also live near an Airforce base and have recently seen these "unmarked" helis flying over the neighborhood really low, like around 300 feet and that is pretty low for a heli to be flying over a neighborhood and the only hottie in my neighborhood is my wife and they have never seen her cause they scare the hell out of her. I don't think that I should divulge my location because I may stir something up but I have looked at these very close up with some high quality binoc and I have also seen what looked like soldiers hanging of the doors of these things with weapons laid across their laps. I will however divulge my location when the time comes because I have a place that a lot of us could hold up for a while until things blew over and that's what I intend to do. It's around 100 acres and it is heavily wooded. It would make a great hiding place for a lot of people if the time comes and I have a feeling that it will.
Any way, I just wanted to chime in and let every one know that I seen these helis too !!!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well have a look at things.
Have a look on a box of credit crunch cereal.
You get a free helicopter in every box.
Pretty soon everyone will be flying around in choppers.
In fact they will setup traffic lights in the sky, very soon.
I know I know
how are they going to keep the traffic lights in the sky, right?
Well of course with solar balloons, and Chinese lanterns.

top topics

join