It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Late Great DOE Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The United States DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY

Read this slowly. Let it sink in. Quietly we go --

Does anybody out there have any memory of the reason given for the establishment of the DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY during the Carter Administration.
Anybody?
Anything?
No?
Didn't think so.
Bottom line . . we've spent several hundred billion dollars in support of an agency the reason for which not one person who reads this can remember. Ready? It was very simple, and at the time everybody thought it very appropriate.

The Department of Energy was instituted 8-04-1977 TO LESSEN OUR DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL.

PRETTY EFFICIENT, HUH?

AND NOW IT'S 2009, 32 YEARS LATER, AND THE BUDGET FOR THIS "NECESSARY" DEPARTMENT IS AT$24.2 BILLION A YEAR, THEY HAVE 16,000 FEDERAL EMPLOYEES, AND APPROXIMATELY 100,000 CONTRACT EMPLOYEES . . . . . . . .AND LOOK AT THE WONDERFUL JOB THEY HAVE DONE !

THIS IS WHERE YOU SLAP YOUR FOREHEAD AND SAY 'WHAT WAS I THINKING?'
Ah yes, good ole bureaucracy.
And now we are going to turn the Banking system over to them?
God Help us.

President Obama, start trimming the government budget by saving 24.2 billion with the wasteful Department of energy, they are not necessary.

* Now is this a conspiracy or what.... It's simple Kill the DOE and no more energy problems.... me thinks... if logic is the right solution to this problem.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That's great, I can't wait for them to tell me what medical procedures I can have. I wasn't around in 77' to remember the reason the program was started, but it cetianly ins't doing it's job. I am sure that by now every energy producing station has many DOE guidelines it must follow so that they are dependant on the department. Thats the problem with these poorly planned programs (social security), once they are started, they are nearly impossible to stop.
S&F

-E-

join