It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New FDIC Radio Ad- A Warning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hello, 1st post, been lurking for like a year now. Favorite site. Anyways, has anyone heard this new advertisement from the FDIC? I heard it on the radio early this morning but i cant seem to find anything on it anywhere online.

Basically it is of a woman describing how her worrisome friend removed all of her money from her bank of choice and was keeping it all up in her closet in something like a sock, i forgot what exactly. She then explained to her friend that the smartest thing for her to do would be to return all of the money to the bank because it would be "safe" and "insured" and "nearly impossible for her to lose a penny". Then the lady provides the url for the FDIC and some other info so that you may "inform yourself".

Could this be some form of early loss prevention on the sheeple that have no idea whats going on right now? Should we expect something to happen in the near future that would cause people to withdraw all of their monies from their banks? That is the impression I got as Ive personally never heard an ad from the FDIC before. There was no affiliation with any particular bank branch either.

And incase you are wondering I was listening to wtks 104.1 in Orlando, FL and the ad played between 6 and 7am. I will continue listening to see if it plays again incase i missed something which i probably did. What are your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'll have to find a copy of the ad to hear but maybe they're trying to prevent a bank run
Does anyone know if people are withdrawing all their money and closing accounts lately or maybe it's started?

join