It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are social applications like myspace and facebook used for more sinsister reasons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
hey everyone i have theory that all those social websites where u freely leave your details of your every day life for anyone to access
and recently the face book terms and conditions changed to something like face book is allowed to keep everything you own in your account after you deactivate your account there was a lot of criticism so they changed the terms isnt that fishy?
i belive the government couldn't set these sort of things up
oh well call me crazy its just my theory

i love ATS

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well courts can now use facebook to serve people legal summons and police use it as a way of tracking wanted people i dont think it was created for misuse but it just seems to be perfect for keeping tabs on people.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Facebook, MySpace could increase risk of cancer

There's one down side in my humble opinion. But what doesn't cause cancer nowadays?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just something anecdotal,
A friend of mine tried to create a facebook account using his name but with an age of 80. Facebook rejected the application telling him to use his real age. He tried again with a lower age and was rejected again. The account would not be accepted until he put in his real age.
How would facebook already know how old he is? What other databases is it connected to? Creepy.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There have been several threads already started on this subject. I will not bother with referencing all the threads. You can simply use the "Search" feature on this site to find them.

Here's a nice video for you to watch:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I agree, it probally was created with good intentions, but has now just become part of "the machine".

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Whether or not it is used by TPTB, it is most definitely used fr more sinister purposes. Look at the amount of child molestors that are allowed to stalk vict ims freely with anonymity on those sites. Heck, Myspace purged something like 100,000 convicted sex offenders from its data base recently. Nothing more sinister than child abuse.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Uh oh..........we have f'd up!!!

You guys, even if I forward this to ALL my facebook friends, I'm sure they are not going to take this seriously...they all have MYSPACE pages as well as Facebook. They have no clue of what's REALLY going on....

Also, i a lil' worried about all my internet searches since I've been awakened. I will be on the RED list fa show!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitres DeLaver
Just something anecdotal,
A friend of mine tried to create a facebook account using his name but with an age of 80. Facebook rejected the application telling him to use his real age. He tried again with a lower age and was rejected again. The account would not be accepted until he put in his real age.
How would facebook already know how old he is? What other databases is it connected to? Creepy.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this..

I have a FB but I cant remember those details..

I would have to say I would eat my top-hat if this was true

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I guess it could be used for "sinister" purposes if the Gov:

1. Wanted pix's of your emo friends drinking underage

2. Wanted a picture of you and your friends wasted since you always "party like rockstars"

3. Likes kids in pink shirts w/ popped collars

4. Has to know your status update b/c they are soo interested in your "daft" quote of the day

5. Is a 15 year old girl

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well. Alot of folks post pictures of there arsenal. there home, there family and work. Alot of valuable information if not by the goverment, then by crooks and thieves.
Post a picture of a big TV where you are playing Guitar hero on your XBox 360 in your bedroom. And you and a friend climbing a tree in your front yard. Plus your location and where you go to school. Yea, just a little driving and Voi'la! Easy score.
Mysapce and Facebook are really easy pickings, in a number of ways.
I could think of a way or 2 for the Gov't to use this info against you

top topics

join