It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Schaeffer, ex Republican says it as it is!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

Well it cannot be one or the other, the best position is a balance between the two views. You want a pure capitalist country, then look at the most capitalistic country on the planet, India. I don't think I our you would like to live there more than here. Ideology is an extreme position be it on either end and what really works for the best of all is always found somewhere in between. Social security is one such program that takes from those that have and gives to others and it have been wonderful for our old people. So some balance is what is best for the whole and we are all part of the whole.
I create paintings for sale in art galleries, have for 35 years and there is no such thing as unemployment for me, I create value with my hands and mind and then go out and sell it and there is no safety net and I wouldn't want one for my profession And I don't mind supporting with a little of my tax money, those in need and I want those programs for those in need. i don't want to see beggers on American soil, I don't what a country where you can get away with paying a guy two bucks a day to hold a water jar in case I got thirsty, that is India and a true capitalist society.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
where did i say a that? you dont think that republicans want some of the same things you do? that is misguided my friend.

the problem is we cant fund everything under the sun.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Republicans have supported Freedman Economics for the last 30 years and that is the economic structure of India. So if you are against taxes and for total freedom of the individual to not pay taxes, and you do not want laws that protect people from exploitation, then you support Freedman Economics and changing our society into something like India, least that is the way I add it up. Republicans are against the minimum wage so they are for the ability and freedom to pay 2 bucks a day to someone to work for them if they can get away with it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i would agree a balance

i am not opposed to taxes- sum tax . we are already overtaxed
when the government starts taking 40% ,50%,60% where does it end.

if they take more and more taxes out of your check you'll end up a slave for the government and your quality of life goes down.

everything in our life is taxed-hell cigarettes are going up $7 a carton in april

that is not reasonable

i am for reasonable tax.

we work for our money the government does not.

the government is suppose to work for us not the other way around

[edit on 10-3-2009 by neo67]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join