It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If god disappeared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This video makes some quite good points (contains irony):

Imagine how awful a world without God would be. Better yet, just watch this video!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Karl,

I know you meant well and I do share your view that this world would be much worse off if God disappeared, BUT.. I couldn't watch more of that video than the first 15 seconds. In my opinion, it is the sort of video that turns a lot of people away from Christianity. Very condescending, self-serving and judgmental IMO.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yes it's true, but not only would this happen but also we cannot breath without God. So without him we would die in a matter of minutes. He withholds all of creation, sustains their breath and so forth.

You see saying (anything goes) as long as you don't hurt anybody as the satanist do is a contradiction, because that means there are limits on what you can do.

Because some things do hurt others like cheating on a wife.

Or murder.

so the satanist and those like minded contradict themselves every day. Yet when God says, you listen to my commands because these things hurt people, he gets called a controller.

And my father put demands on me when I was young, yet God can't?

Like I said. Understanding doesn't exist today.

All that stuff might be true without God, but the fact is that it's irrelavent because we cannot breath without him. That's the main point and I from literal personal experience found this out in 2004.

I cannot explain it but I know it's true and found out the hard way.

peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

People are turned off by Christians because they don't want to hear the truth. This is that generation that will not endure sound doctrine. We can't water down the message to tailor it to them. Either you want the truth or you don't. I understand what you meant and I'm not knocking you for thinking it, but Christians shouldn't feel they have to tell their story softly. We can shout it just as loud as the next man, unashamed. Hate if you like but I'm saved by the grace of Christ and it feels so good I have to tell somebody.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
I know you meant well and I do share your view that this world would be much worse off if God disappeared, BUT.. I couldn't watch more of that video than the first 15 seconds. In my opinion, it is the sort of video that turns a lot of people away from Christianity. Very condescending, self-serving and judgmental IMO.

Thanks for the reply,I think the video is attempting to be deeply ironic
in nature -sorry about the misunderstanding.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
OMG sophronia. I remember you from way back.

I used to be Truth.

wow.

btw I agree with your post.

top topics

join