It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Meltdown....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My partners father has just informed us that his employer has called himself and 20 other employees into a meeting tomorrow morning with the express purpose of letting go 15 employees...

To be completely honest, they had a contract with the Qld government, and they just pulled out (so obviously they know there's trouble)

As you can imagine, he is a standard aussie male, mortgage, wife, car loans etc.....and is now fearing the loss of everything.

I am just curious about the rest of the Aussies on ATS, about there current situations in there workplace, and the repercussions of this economic situation.

I currently manage a fast food restaurant, and people are still continuing to spend more and more on our rubbish. So I have come to the conclusion that people in Australia are not fazed by the recession, but my partners father, and to be honest, many of my close friends are very close to losing there jobs through drastic cutbacks.....

So to all my Aussies ATS'ers, Whats your experiences? How is this recession affecting you?

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Mathyn Rain]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm not Australian, but I think you will actually see an increase business in the upcoming months for the industry you work in. People are looking to cut corners, so instead of going to the supper inn restaurant, they're going to eat fast food to save some money.

www.breitbart.com...
Here's an article that shows McDonald's profits have risen in 2008 by 80%! I'm very interested in seeing what they look like for 2009.

new topics

join