It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Peculiar Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I know folks say there's nothing as boring as other folks dreams. But I'd like some input to this one, if you wouldn't mind :-)

First of all I honestly don't even think it was a dream.

But here goes.

1991 sometime, probably the Easter weekend. My Sister had gone away for the weekend & I was looking after her home. That's the first notable thing, I was sleeping in a strange house that weekend.

I went to bed fairly late on, Midnight perhaps. I always go to sleep with the bedside radio on. It's usually BBC Radio 4, at Midnight there's the news & weather followed by a short story. At 1am it segways to the BBC World Service until perhaps 6am.

Anyway. I woke up suddenly just after 4am to hear the most startling announcement. And this is as clear as day. The (very staid) BBC announcer was telling the nation that :

1. Mikhail Gorbachev had announced that a nuclear weapon had exploded over a Soviet city, that one seventh of that city had been totally destroyed

2. That the Prime Minister (John Major at that time) had summoned an emergency meeting of the British Cabinet to Downing Street & that they were meeting at that very moment (i.e. 4am)

The announcer said a further news bulletin would follow. It then cut to some light classical music.

Well. You can imagine the panic I got myself into. Up, out of bed & fully clothed within about a minute ... put the tv on ... nothing (which wasnt unusual, most UK tv stations didnt at that time broadcast 24/7). I got my shoes on, some money together, the car keys out, the cat in its carrying box & was ready to flee (I was in the city centre, I figured it was a prime target and I had relatives out in the country).

So. I waited and waited and waited for a further announcement. And at 5am the news comes on .... and there's no mention of a nuclear explosion at all. No mention of it on any of the radio channels I'd been tuning into. Even tuned into short wave, no mention of it on Voice of America, Radio Moscow ... nothing whatsoever. 6am , 7am ... nothing at all. By that point I was very confuddled.

And since then I've just put it down to a bad dream. But I remember listening to the broadcast as I catapulted out of bed ... as I put the light on ... as I was starting to get dressed. It happened ... but it couldn't have had because , obviously, such an event never happened.

Is it possible to still be dreaming even though you're wide awake & fully conscious ? I guess if you're awake it's really a hallucination ... can you go straight from a dream to a hallucination ?

I've always wondered about this strange dream. Any thoughts ?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hi

interesting dream...

Perhaps what you were hearing was a rehash of past events, like Chernobyl which occured on On 26 April 1986 01:23:45 a.m.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Chernobyl disaster was a nuclear reactor accident in the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine, then part of the Soviet Union. It is considered to be the worst nuclear power plant disaster in history and the only level 7 instance on the International Nuclear Event Scale. It resulted in a severe release of radioactivity into the environment following a massive power excursion which destroyed the reactor. Two people died in the initial steam explosion, but most deaths from the accident were attributed to radiation.

Mikhail Gorbachev was the current leader of the USSR at the time... which included Ukraine. Ukraine is now a separate country from Russia, which is now called the "Russian Federation"

en.wikipedia.org...

Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990 and Leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990.

en.wikipedia.org...

However its interesting that you say that John Major was the PM at the time, because when Chernobyl was happening he was working under Magaret Thatcher at the time...

en.wikipedia.org...

It all ties in together quite nicely. What you heard was not the future but the past.

I would have rang the radio station, perhaps they were recalling what happened on that particular day. Sometimes radio stations do that, they like to say what happened on this day, who died, who was born, any world events. Or it could have been a spoof news bulletin that tied in true and false events. Who knows. "shrug"

MW31

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That’s an interesting story, and it’s tough to get a gauge on it without some fairly large speculative leaps. One: It was a dream that startled you into consciousness so abruptly that your mind didn’t have a chance to recognize that it was indeed a dream. Let’s examine this as if it were a dream. It’s said when one dreams of nuclear holocaust they are a manifestation of the subconscious or conscious feelings of the lack of control. I’m not quite sure I buy that quite frankly, I’m not sure that our dreams mean anything at all. I am sure that they can leave a tremendous impact on us.

There are those who also say that when we dream we are tuning into another dimensional reality that is every bit as real as the one that we are experiencing right now. You really never know I guess anything is possible. Could it be that this was indeed a real event that you were tuning into just in a different dimensional space?

I am always deeply moved by dreams with religious overtones or even religious symbolism.

A few nights ago I had a dream…..

I was slowly walking through a field of wheat. I was one among hundreds of people, leisurely, languidly walking amidst giant rolls of bailed wheat. As I glanced around it became apparent to me that I was the only one that wasn’t simply staring forward, doe-eyed and glazed.

On each side of me there were long rows of stone pillars, each resembled an ancient Roman design and at the top of each pillar was a plateau. Perched on each plateau was a crouching man, I then noticed that as we slowly walked past each man perched upon a pillar, each man was speaking.

At first I couldn’t understand what they were saying, but it then soon became clear that they were all speaking of a variety of religious ideologies. Each one spoke of his own belief in each respective religious dogma, and made it abundantly clear that his was the only way to true salvation. With this knowledge, I looked around again, looking at the masses of people that surrounded me. This was the most disturbing portion of the dream, none had changed their expression.

They all marched ahead, slowly, methodically, staring straight ahead, doe-eyed, expressionless……

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The Lass

Hello again, The Lass.

What you described, from a alternative thinking view-point, could be one of three things:

1. You either peered into the life of an alternative reality version of you (who must be as equally as lovely), and witnessed what was occurring in their world at the time.

-or-

2. You witnessed something that happened within that time line, but some kind of change occurred to where what you witnessed did not occur, but was changed to what we see in this time line.

-or-

3. Or what you witnessed is what is really occurring in your reality, and everything you see here and now (including this message) is a dream.

top topics

join