It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stores completely out of ammo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I usually supply myself with my own ammunition which is easier considering I am what you would call a "arms dealer". Twenty crates of AK rounds costs less being shipped from Algeria by some "friends" of mine then going to Wal-Mart and buying some shotgun shells

I will go by and check the gun shops in Jacksonville while I am here and maybe give a call to some friends I have up north and let them check it out. You could probably just order online and save all the hassle.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just got off the phone with a supplier of Ammo. We asked them why there is such a run on ammo right now. Their reply ... "Because of the current policital "Regiem"."

My SO just can't wrap his mind around all the things that are going on right now. I've tried to get him to look at "everything" that is going on right now. I mean really ...

MSM is now talking openly (although a bit speculatively) about the things that have been discussed here for years. NWO, FEMA Camps, etc.

The economy is in the crapper.

The current president has not been open about his birth and the military is now beginning to question it.

Our current president keeps tossing money at the banks, who are NOT being held accountable for where the money is going. We've thrown over a trillion dollars (or close to it) to the banks and things are NOT improving the way that we were "told" they would.

I tell him all this and look at him with an incredelous expression and he goes "yeah ... I guess that could be it."

*shakes her head*

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
A LOT more weapons have been purchased over the past few months. All those new weapons need ammo. So there is a higher damand which means less ammo.

At least, i hope that's the reason for the ammo shortage. I can think of another .. but it's a rather frightening scenerio to think about ....

What if Obama has a task force set up that is using some of the bailout money to buy all of the ammo up. It'd be a great way to rid him of those "bothersome" firearms, without all of the political red tape. And it's not like we're going to know where our bailout tax, er money goes anyways. Right?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
People are buying case lots not the one or two boxes of 20 or 50 rounds. Its not hard to understand that shortages will evolve when buying trends change like they have since the threat of our 2nd Amendment rights are in jepordy. There's also the fact that many of the armies in the world are also stocking up and the good old POS the UN is forcing many nations to simply destroy ammo that would otherwise have been put on the surplus market!
Zindo

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Wal-Mart route will not get you what you want. You will need to pony up for bulk. The places with the typically high retail prices still have some ammo. It costs more but it is there for those that will pay.
The other choice is to get on the waiting lists and hope for luck.
I don't trust luck.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Slightly related. For the past few months Wal-Mart (San Diego Area) has not been able to keep the small portable propane tanks in stock (Used for camping stoves and lights etc...) I asked the clerk what was up and he said they sell out usually they next day after they receive them and they have been ordering more to cover the demand and still selling out. He never remembers these items selling so quick. Its not even camping season in so cal yet.

Maybe others are storing up some fuel here in California, where we are always a minute away from the SHingTF.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join